Pink Out

• Mrs. Dykes and the rest of her It’s the Journey Inc. fundraising team graciously accept a $500 donation from the North Forsyth Cheerleaders

• The student section proudly wearing their pink while supporting the Raiders.

• North Forsyth Cheerleaders arrange themselves to mirror a pink ribbon during the pregame ceremonies.

:

Ethan Simmons, Staff Writer

This past Friday in Raider Valley, it was the annual pink-out game for Cancer Awareness and the climax to a week of fund-raising on multiple fronts. The cheerleaders sold t-shirts; the faculty held a jeans fund-raiser and the football team took donations. Then the players, cheerleaders, drum line, and student body adorned their pink to show their support. The student section came out in force, transformed from its normal black and purple to pink galore. Besides just the color change several cancer survivors were called to midfield to be recognized for their heroic fight, and the money from the week of fundraising was donated to “It’s the Journey Inc.” a local breast cancer awareness and education foundation. “In total we raised about $1100 over the cores of the week, and it’s nice to know that the money will stay in our community” said Mrs. Dykes, who is the fundraising team’s captain. Their team has collected a total of $12,000 over the cores of the entire year. In addition the Raiders varsity football team won their own battle against John’s Creek, winning 14-13.