NFHS Lacrosse Serves Wounded Warrior

North Forsyth Wounded Warrior tournament should lead to an improvement on the field.

Austin McIntosh, Staff Writer

The North Forsyth High School Lacrosse program hosted its first annual Wounded Warrior tournament this past weekend. Wounded Warrior is a charity organization dedicated to serving injured veterans and their families. While running for only ten years, the project has already racked up 148 million dollars in revenue and is increasingly spreading all across the country. After growing up and spending most of his life in New York, Boys Lacrosse Coach Don Hilton was deeply affected all around by the terrorist attacks in 2001. Coach Hilton wholeheartedly put the event together to serve something that he believes in. Five different colleges played in the tournament including Florida State University and South Carolina D2 and D3 teams. Tickets were $5 for adults and $3 for students, and the school arranged one on one training with the college players all day for kids at any skill level. The event was a fantastic experience for the participants who were able to learn more about the game and meet some future possible Major League Lacrosse players.  One hundred percent of the ticket sales and a portion of concessions and fees went to Wounded Warrior, and the day was an overall huge success. Coach Hilton is already planning for next year and says more teams should be incorporated in the future. The community loved the event, and people can expect many more to come.