FCA at North

• The FCA ministry at North is a church-like service, complete with prayer and a sermon. “[It is] sort of like going to church twice a week…” says Freshman Chase Merberger.

• North’s FCA is student-driven and completely spirit-embedded. The average service includes worship, a guest speaker or small group, and prayer. “…I think it has brought a lot of community and a lot of fellowship [into the school],” Senior Perri Rabbitt says.

• The North Forsyth High School FCA leaders are pictures above (left to right): Perri Rabbitt, Josiah Selvig, Corinne Thompson, Tanner Buggs, Chad Ward, Sarah Ward, Jackson Speed, Abby Ingram, Will Murray, Hannah Buggs, Cameron Collins and Abby Staiti. Not pictured: Brian Grasso.

• The value that FCA wants its members to leave with is, “Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.” This has really impacted the school community as a whole.

• FCA is normally centered in the field of athletics; however, FCA is open to anyone whom wishes to discover or advance a faith in the Gospel. Getting involved in FCA has changed lives. “It just makes my day a whole lot better,” says Freshman Chase Merburger.

• There is little left over after this quick breakfast is served, and everyone still has a little time to socialize before the service starts. Doughnuts, juice, and milk have been served regularly at every meeting, courtesy of a different volunteer each week.

• Brian Grasso (Left), Abby Staiti (Center) and Chad Ward (Right) lead worship during the service. “[When we worship], I feel good and happy.” Freshman Michael Johnson said.

• Students sing during the worship part of the service. Church songs such as “God’s Not Dead” and “I Am” could be heard radiating through the room. “[It is] fulfilling,” says Sophomore Jace Haney.

• One aspect of FCA is creating a meaningful, personal relationship with God through prayer, worship and testimony. While FCA also focuses on the fellowship between brothers and sisters in Christ, there are many sides of faith that are incorporated into each meeting.

• This year’s FCA theme is “All In” to incorporate how important it is to be “All In” in your faith and have a sold-out relationship with Christ. Each year, FCA has a different theme that has focused on a different part of Christian faith.

• The organization of FCA is celebrating 60 years of ministry. First established in 1954, the organization has grown indefinitely through years of commitment. For a complete timeline, see http://timeline.fca.org/.

• Interested in joining FCA? The club meets every Friday at 7:30 a.m. in the Performing Arts Center. For more information on FCA, as well as, its camps, programs, and resources, visit http://www.fca.org/.

Daniel Snodgrass, Staff Writer

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) is an internationally-recognized organization designed to “use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ”, according to the FCA website. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the organization’s establishment.