Catch Me if You Can is “Live in Living Color!”

: Pictured above, choreographer Jamie Summerour adds the final touches to the number “Goodbye”. While Frank belts his big solo, the ensemble gestures to him silently as a ghostly remembrance of the events of the show.

Hannah Manikowski, EditorialsEditor

The dates for North Forsyth theatre department’s first full-length musical of the year are quickly approaching. December 4th through 6th, Catch Me if You Can will appear “live in living color” on the NFHS stage, and, as a member of Troupe 5368, I can promise this is not a show to skip.

Catch Me if You Can, which was adapted from the 2002 movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio, is based on the real life of con man Frank Abagnale Jr. who, beginning at the age of sixteen, forged over a million dollars in checks and successfully posed as a lawyer, doctor, and Pan Am pilot. Frank’s adventures lead him to love, loss, and, ultimately, to an unlikely friendship with the FBI agent pursuing him.

Of course, Frank – played by sophomore Brody Grant – cannot spin his larger than life tale all alone. That is where our cast of thirty students comes in, portraying Frank’s friends, lovers, and sometimes even his enemies. The whole team works together to drive the action through music (directed by John Hutchinson) and dance (choreographed by Jamie Summerour) to take the audience back to the vibrancy of the 1960’s in a truly immersive theatre experience, made possible through the guidance of the department’s director – Mary Hayes Ernst. This year also marks the department’s first entrance in the Schuler Hensley competition for Georgia high school musical theatre, meaning we have an added incentive to up our game and make Catch Me our best show to date.

Worth noting, however, is that, while Catch Me if You Can is building up to what’s sure to be a fantastic run, it may not be the right show for younger siblings. Due to language and sexual content, Catch Me ranks at a PG-13 level. For everyone comfortable with this content and looking for a couple of hours of fast-paced, high quality theatre, tickets can be purchased now on the online box office.

Mark your calendars for December 4th through 6th and come “catch us if you can!”