Poems for Charity

The+Simple+Charity+leadership+team+consists+of+14+members+all+in+pursuit+to+be+an+aid+and+advocate+for+the+global+poor.+Simple+Charity+is+putting+on+a+relaxed+poetry+reading+Thursday%2C+January+29+at+7%3A00+P.M.+in+the+PAC.+Get+your+ticket+at+the+door%2C+make+a+donation%2C+and+be+ready+to+listen%2C+share%2C+and+smile.+Photo+taken+by+Joshua+Martin.+

The Simple Charity leadership team consists of 14 members all in pursuit to be an aid and advocate for the global poor. Simple Charity is putting on a relaxed poetry reading Thursday, January 29 at 7:00 P.M. in the PAC. Get your ticket at the door, make a donation, and be ready to listen, share, and smile. Photo taken by Joshua Martin.

Perri Rabbitt, Staff Writer

Attention poetry fans! Simple Charity is holding an open mic poetry reading event Thursday, February 5 at 7:00 P.M. Simple Charity is a Christian organization with a goal of raising $100,000 to fight global poverty in Jesus’ name this school year. So far, by God’s grace, they have raised about $30,000 which is going to multiple causes like education, clean water, and hunger. The poetry reading is for students all around the county; anyone can share their original poetry and favorite poems. There may even be some poetry games to play.

The event will be held in the Performing Arts Center, where cake, coffee, and punch will be sold. Tickets are $5 at the door, and refreshments will be $1. Donations will be accepted at the front desk where the tickets will be. All proceeds go to fight global poverty. Come relax, listen, and share some poetry while making a difference at the same time. To know more about Simple Charity and how you can be a part of their mission go to www.simplecharity.wordpress.com , www.facebook/simplecharity, or follow them on Twitter: @nfsimplecharity and Instagram: simple_charity.