Homecoming Game Against West

West+Forsyth+walked+away+with+a+victory+at+Raider+Valley+on+October+9th.+

West Forsyth walked away with a victory at Raider Valley on October 9th.

JoAnn Ahn, Staff Writer

Both sides of Raider Valley were filled as the North Forsyth Raiders took on the West Forsyth Wolverines at home on Friday, October 9th. The final score was West 48-17.

With West Forsyth’s Kiernen Hamilton who is recognized as the best quarterback in the county, North had a tough fight ahead of them. To start out the game, West received the opening kickoff, but a quick interception by North’s defensive back Robert Bishop was made in the second play. Raider offense showed drastic changes since their previous losses before a bye-week, which was shown just before the second half. With two touchdowns made by North’s running back Cody Dwyer, and offensive lineman J.T. Simonds, and a 19 yard field goal by kicker Arthur Boyzo-Medina, North trailed West with 21-17 and just 1:30 left in the first half. However, West got in one more touchdown with a 40 yard pass making the score 27-17 by halftime.

By the end of the second half, North fought hard against Wolverine offense, but West was able to run in three more touchdowns.

“I think we are progressing well so far in the season. We have had a few injuries that have set us back, but that is just a part of football.  What we need to do is rally together as a team and win these next two games ahead of us. If we do what we’re supposed to, we can win any game,” sophomore quarterback Ben Bales said.

It was a special night for North as the homecoming court walked the field at half time, and the princesses, senior king, and senior queen were announced. Princesses for the freshman, sophomore, and junior classes were Maddie Gardner (9th), Kit Archer (10th), and Gracie Hamby (11th). The 2015 homecoming king and queen were Jacob Bailey and Nina Carter. Congratulations to all court members!