How to Prepare for the PSAT and SAT

That number two pencil stares blankly as is rests upon the desk. It is picked up as someone takes a deep breath and begins to answer the questions written upon the paper.

Bella Angell, Staff Writer

P-S-A-T are four terrifying letters sophomores hear all the time. S-A-T are three scary letters juniors and seniors hear all throughout high school. These tests are imminent and we naturally cringe when teachers mention them. So how can we reduce the stress of these attacks? Here are some tips to help you be successful.

1. Make contact with counselors or the counseling page on the school website. They have PSAT and SAT resource pages that provide extra information about the tests.
  2. Follow the NFHS Counseling page on Twitter. They give updates on classes, new developments with the tests and much more.
  3. Hire a tutor and purchase books that give extra tips and can teach the style of the PSAT and/or the SAT.
  4. Classes may be taken online at no charge. They teach test-taking strategies, types of questions, and basic math and reading skills.
  5. There are many practice tests online. These will provide a pretty good idea of what the questions and format of the test will be like.

Testing is just one part of college preparation and all of this and more information can be found on the CollegeBoard website.