September Raider Students of the Month Recognized

September Students of the Month from left-right: Michal Gugliotta, Anna Schwaemmle, Tyler Hogan, Savannah Steele, Braden Randolph, James Howell, Raicheal Havins, and Will Murray.

Holley Murray, Staff Writer

Eight hard-working Raiders were honored during Instructional Focus this Wednesday as the September students of the month! One student was nominated by teachers for each department.

Criteria for selection varies from subject to subject, but the students chosen for student of the month are all-around dedicated students who have given their all to the classes they are nominated for. This can mean a student has a 4.0 GPA, has stuck to their goals despite challenges, or has made exceptional progress in their academics.

These star students were Savannah Steele (CTAE), Michael Gugliotta (fine arts), Braden Randolph (health & PE), Will Murray (language arts), Tyler Hogan (mathematics), James Howell (science), Raicheal Havins (social studies), and Anna Schwaemmle (world languages).

Academic success plays a role in nomination, but students are also honored for their noticeable display of the Raider values and classroom expectations. One student is chosen monthly to receive this honor – check back to the Raider Wire in a month for coverage of the October student of the month nominations.