Amanda Swafford Honored with Teacher of the Year Award

Congratulations to NFHS Teacher of the Year Ms. Swafford!

Abbey Ingram, Staff Writer

Raider Nation is proud to present math teacher Amanda Swafford with the “Teacher of the Year” Award. Mrs. Swafford is a hard-working, dedicated, and loving teacher. She shows just how humble she is by sending out an email not only saying thank you for the nomination but easing the focus from her to her co-workers commending them for their hard work as well! In her email Swafford says “I just want to take a moment to say thank you so much for the honor of being selected as Teacher of the Year. All of you are so deserving of this award. I know all of you put in countless hours and go above and beyond each and every day.”

Now, Ms. Swafford will be going to the county level to compete against other Forsyth County School TOTY nominees. Based off of the email Principal Jeff Cheney sent out, it is clear Mrs. Swafford is in every way a valid candidate. Cheney says “Amanda Swafford is a veteran teacher with 18 years of classroom experience. She currently teaches Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, and AP Calculus AB/BC, serves as the Mathematics Department Chair, and sponsors North Forsyth’s Math Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta.” Mrs. Swafford is not only a teacher going above and beyond to teach her students, but is also a teacher impacting the lives around her.

Congratulations Ms. Swafford!