NFHS Football Welcomes Offensive Line Coach Flowe

Raider Valley is home to many new coaches this year. “It’s a grind,” Coach Cecil Flowe says about the NFHS football team. Photo by Elizabeth Smith.

Rachel Lee, Staff Writer

Cecile Flowe is one of the many new football coaches brought to NFHS this year. Flowe came to North Forsyth High School with high hopes and expectations for every player. He changes the dynamic in a way that not only gets the players pumped and ready for their games, but also gets their peers at school to be excited and supportive of their school football team. Flowe approaches his coaching position with determination.

Flowe says, “You can either be a builder or a maintainer.” The North Forsyth football team is slowly and continuously building with head Coach Craft and Coach Flowe’s expectation for the players to “be builders, not maintainers.” Maintainers do not go anywhere. They stand and stay exactly where they are and do not improve. Builders grow and progress together as a team and individually.  Flowe, in his past coaching experiences as the head football coach at Parkview High School, has been to six state championships with his teams and consecutively won four back to back. “I feel very fortunate because even coaches who have coached for a long time have never been to playoff games,” Flowe tells the Raider Wire.

Flowe very obviously has high expectations for the North Football team and said that the players are held accountable for themselves and the decisions that they make. They should not expect playing time or even a spot on the team if they cannot keep their grades up or their act together. Football is not just a sport, It is a community. It is doubtful that the football community would want a bad reputation in the public eye and the coaches realize this and want to address it.

“Coach Craft’s plan is simply that the work you put in is the work you get out.” The coaching staff tries to enforce and drill that thought into the players’ minds going forward in their academics, in their athletics and even in their social life. Flowe’s high expectations drive the players to preform highly on the field and in the classroom.

When asked why he chose North out of all the schools in the world to coach at, he replied with a simple, “It was a huge opportunity; I think this school is going to blow up like Parkview did.”