Last year Covid-19 infested the world and our lives by forcing many countries to shut down. Everyone wants the 2020 pandemic to be over, and multiple vaccines have been created and approved. However, many people are still hesitant to take the vaccine. Is it safe? Did it get approved too fast? Should certain people not take the vaccine? Which vaccine is best?
The two main vaccines being distributed in the USA are the Biontech-Pfizer vaccine and the Moderna vaccine (mRNA-1273). The Pfizer vaccine is slightly more effective, preventing symptomatic Covid-19 at 95 percent while mRNA-1273 is effective 94 percent of the time. For individuals over 64, it doesn’t seem to work as well. In both vaccines, it is still unknown if they are effective in preventing asymptomatic Covid-19.
The Moderna vaccine is much more convenient and easier to store. This vaccine needs to be shipped at -4 degrees Fahrenheit while the Pfizer vaccine needs to be shipped and stored at -94 degrees Fahrenheit. The vaccine’s minimum order is 100 doses while for Pfizer it is 175, which can be too much for many places.
According to experts, both vaccines are safe. They have basic side effects, such as headaches and dizziness which are said to only last a few days. However, 10 percent of patients vaccinated with mRNA-1273 experienced fatigue. For the Pfizer Vaccine, it is recommended not to take it if you are allergic to any of the ingredients as a few patients have gone into anaphylactic shock after getting it which is a severe allergic reaction that causes a person to go into anaphylactic shock. Please check the ingredients by clicking on the link here. Also, note that the vaccine does not cause infertility in women and that it is completely safe (as long as you’re not allergic to the ingredients). This information can also be found in the same link with ingredients.
A poll at NFHS showed that 65 percent of the students at this school believe the vaccine is safe, leaving 35 percent who disagree.
There has been a lot of speculation that the vaccine was approved too quickly. It is true that the long-term side effects are unknown; therefore, no data can be provided on that. However, so far, the vaccines have been proven to be both safe and effective. Remember, it wasn’t only America working on the solution, and this isn’t the first vaccine that has been developed. The ingredients in the vaccines mentioned in this article have basic ingredients. It really just depends on who is planning on taking it and what those people’s conditions are.
Both vaccines are safe. It depends on the person’s conditions and what is best for them on whether they should take it or not. The side effects are basic and have similar side effects that one may get from the flu vaccine. A small handful of those who took the Pfizer Vaccine has gone into Anaphylactic Shock, so as long as one looks over the ingredients first, they should be fine. The mRNA-1273 is easier to store but slightly less effective by 0.9 percent. The vaccine is safe and worth checking out.