Epic Debut For “Rated R Superstar” 409

It’s official!
ewrestlingnews.com
It’s official!

All Elite Wrestling has become a top rising brand in wrestling since its formation in 2019. Its founder, Shahid Khan, has worked tirelessly to make AEW as one of the best wrestling shows to date. Professional wrestling has been dominated by World Wrestling Entertainment since the company rose to power in the 1980s.  However, recently AEW has risen to compete, its funds taking them far and wide, offering prime opportunities to “superstars” eager for a chance to shine. 

The WWE was formed January 7, 1953 by Vincent J. McMahon and since then it has been a global sensation. Names have been made famous, such as John Cena, the Undertaker, The Rock, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Triple H, to name a few. There was no other company that could compete with the WWE’s status in the wrestling world…that is, until AEW.

Superstars from WWE have been transferring over to AEW for a while. Stars like Keith Lee and Adam Cole and Saraya have been given a fresh start in the All Elite world, building up their accolades and making a name for themselves. Now, the AEW has gotten yet another superstar. 

Adam Copeland, a WWE superstar for 25 years, made his name known in WWE under the moniker as the “Rated R Superstar” Edge. As Edge, Copeland proceeded to win 31 championships in the duration of his career, along with becoming a WWE Hall of Famer, according to Wikipedia. He wrestled many superstars, such as Christian Cage, an AEW superstar, and Booker T. Throughout his career as Edge, Copeland has competed in Money in The Bank, one of WWE’s pay-per-views, along with starring Wrestlemania and Survivor Series. The Metro got some insight about why Copeland changed gears, explaining how he’d already achieved so much during his time in WWE, and he realized he and WWE had “outgrown each other” according to the superstar, and Copeland would go on to say, “They didn’t have much more for me to do. Simple as that. And that’s ok.” 

Now the “Rated R Superstar” has made an astonishing debut into the world of All Elite Wrestling, shocking the world when the famous words of his theme song, “You think you know me” blasted onto the speakers. The crowd roared its approval and utter jubilance, welcoming to AEW the legend that is Adam Copeland. 

Cameron Simpson
Cameron Simpson, Staff Writer
Hi! My name is Cameron Simpson. I am a freshman, and this is my first time in Journalism. I am now a staff writer here, and I deeply enjoy writing fantasy and mythology based novels (even though I haven’t been able to finish anything yet). I adore reading; some of my favorites being Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I wish to be an author someday. My goal this year is to grow in my abilities as a writer and to learn so many new techniques on how to write.