Honoring the Anniversary of September 9, 2001

The NFHS Advanced Womens Choir honored the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks during Instructional Focus on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
Photo by Abbey Black
The NFHS Advanced Women’s Choir honored the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks during Instructional Focus on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.

On September 11, 2001, the United States was rocked to its core as a pair of metallic passenger jets crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center compound. The duel crashes were engineered and carried out by Muslim extremists attached to the terrorist organization Al-Qaeda.

The terrors attacks also included a successful attack on the Pentagon and an unsuccessful attack on the White House. The total loss of life equaled nearly 3,000 deaths and over 6,000 injured–and in some cases trapped–civilian and military personnel.

Today, on September 11, 2013, the North Forsyth Advanced Women’s Choir preformed “God Bless America” over the school-wide intercom. They honored the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks with their lyrics, and the students listening throughout the school did so with their silence.

Millions of lives were changed 12 years ago. That change will not be forgotten, and today we honor those whose lives will never be the same again.

Ben Strube
Ben Strube, Web/Design Editor
Ben Strube enjoys creative writing, history, and running. Ben is a self-taught writer and plans to become a published writer before graduating from North. He is a senior and actively participates in four sports throughout the school year. After high school, Ben plans to enlist into the United States Marine Corps and study at The Military College of Georgia with a major in journalism and minors in leadership and Russian.