North Forsyth’s Y-Club Hosts Las-Vegas Benefit Night

The Las Vegas Benefit Night was designed by students in Y-Club to help two
deserving people with hospital bills to come. It will be night full of fun probability games and
prizes.

The Las Vegas Benefit Night was designed by students in Y-Club to help two deserving people with hospital bills to come. It will be night full of fun probability games and prizes.

Abby Marks, Staff Writer

In response to the horrific Las Vegas Shooting, the NFHS Y-Club will be hosting an event to
raise money to help two individuals pay hospital bills. It will take place Nov. 14 from 6:30 to 8
in the learning commons and will most likely be 10 dollars at the door to get in. The price has
not been finalized. Half of the proceeds will go to Nick Campbell, a teenage victim of the attack
who was shot as he covered his girlfriend and the other half will go the one of North’s own
custodians, Sandy Ballard, who was recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. The
goal is to raise enough money to help cover their hospital bills to help ease the family’s financial
worries.
The event will feature fun probability games that Mr. Fisher’s AP statistics students will create.
They will give away prizes to the winners of the games to emulate Las Vegas’ famous casinos.
The Y-Club student leader, Quillen Mckinney, states, “I think the Las Vegas Benefit Night is a
fantastic opportunity to join together to raise money for a national cause as well as a community
cause to help two individuals who have done amazing things.” It is a perfect opportunity to give
back to one of our wonderful custodians as well as a courageous victim of the Las Vegas mass
shooting.