A Win for the Wolverines

Grace Hutka
The Raiders give a valiant attempt against the Wolverines!

On Friday, Sept. 1, North Forsyth’s Varsity football team lost against the West Forsyth Wolverines with a final score of 14-17. It’s been several years since North lost a football game against West. The game was close but ended in favor of West Forsyth. Both teams are ranked similarly in the regional standings, with North at 25 and West at 29.

The game started with the coin toss, which North won, giving the Raiders possession of the ball. Five minutes into the first quarter, North scored a touchdown followed by a field kick to earn an extra point, starting the game off strong at 7-0.

With eight minutes left of the second quarter, West scored a field goal. Shortly after that, West scored a touchdown, setting the score to 7-10. Right before halftime, the Wolverines scored another touchdown.

After a spirited performance from the North and West Forsyth marching band, the second half of the game started off with a score of 7-17. West kicked off at the beginning of the third quarter, where the rest of the game was quiet until six minutes left in the fourth. The Raiders railed through to score a touchdown, closing the gap with a score of 14-17.

If not for a called-back touchdown toward the end of the game, the Raiders could have continued their winning streak against West Forsyth’s Wolverines.

Despite the loss, the North Forsyth Raiders stayed energized throughout the game, thanks to the school’s lively student section. North’s sideline cheerleading team gave it their all, determined to invigorate the football team to ensure an excellent performance.

The Raiders are discouraged about the loss against West Forsyth, especially due to their previous winning streak, but their next game is on Friday, Sept. 8, where they’ll be playing against Creekview at Raider Valley.

About the Contributors
Iris Chiofolo
Iris Chiofolo, Opinion Editor
Good day.I am Iris Chiofolo and this year, which is my second year in Journalism, I am the opinion editor. This year I want to focus on improving my writing and gaining more writing experience. When I’m not doing schoolwork, I’m probably reading or writing. I have two cats, one who I love more than the other. I also have a dog. I had a fish once.
Grace Hutka
Grace Hutka, Staff Writer
Hello!! I am Grace Hutka and this is my first year of Journalism. Some of my hobbies include reading and being an coverage editor for the yearbook. When I am not at school, you can find me at my dance studio or hanging out with my family. I am a cat person, and am the proud parent of my Calico named Luna. I am so excited to be a staff writer on the Radier Wire this year. My goal is to learn new things and grow in my writing and photography skills.