Cumming Art Festival

Ava White
Featuring art from local artists, showcased at the Cumming City Center Art Festival

On Saturday and Sunday of Sep. 16, 2023, the Cumming City Center hosted an art festival where 94 local businesses were able to showcase their products to the public. Thanks to many generous sponsors, such as, Forsyth Herald, Xfinity, Wyndham- along with many others- this event allowed many community enterprises to provide the public with goods ranging from hand-crafted art pieces to information on pet grooming. 

During this exceptional artistic retail experience, guests were able to enjoy a variety of activities excluding the browsing of products. Furthermore, this event was perfect for parents with small children . To continue, said activities included: face painting, inflatable rides, and specific booths that catered to children’s enjoyment. 

Guests were presented with many food options available at the festival, as many restaurants located in the City Center kept their restaurants open. In addition to the previously mentioned restaurants, guests were also able to indulge in lobster rolls, hot dogs, cheesesteak sandwiches, Icce deserts, egg rolls and more- thanks to the variety of businesses at the event. 

As for the actual vendors that were seen at the Cumming Art Festival, guests had the opportunity to indulge in the talents, crafts, and hours of work by dealers.  As mentioned before, there was a wide variety of marketed items available for purchase, no guest was left disappointed. 

Some local vendors, such as Coastal Style Resin Art on Wood and Art by Marie Wheeler created beautiful, hand-made artistic masterpieces. Other vendors, such as Bee-utiful Honey and Wellness, provided guests with organic products marked at amazing prices for the quality of the product itself- such as pure honey. Most of the local vendors that were on site at the City Center had worked hard to prepare for this event, putting in a lot of effort to create the best experience possible for consumers.

Although the event only lasted for 2 days, many local businesses were able to spread awareness of their products. Not only were many local businesses able to exhibit their valued work and talents, but  many vendors gained customers thanks to the Art Festival. To continue, this event combined artistic values with business etiquette- and will hopefully bring back many familiar faces when the event returns next year.

Ava White
Ava White, Staff Writer
Hello! My name is Ava White, and this is my first year as a staff writer for the NFHS Raider Wire. Currently, I am in 11th grade and am so excited to be a part of this amazing team. To continue, I absolutely love writing- and the performing arts. Creepy, odd things are so alluring to me- I find unnatural things incredibly interesting. Outside of campus I visit antique stores and locations and attempt to find peculiar  hidden gems. Furthermore, I am so delighted to see what this year will bring, and I sincerely hope to advance my journalism skills.