Homecoming Also Means a Friday Night Game!

Rohani Nguyen
Scoring yet another touchdown!

The beginning of the school year means homecoming season, but the most important part of the week is the homecoming game! On Sept. 15 our varsity Raiders went against Jackson County High School; it was a close game but our Raiders came out on top and won. 

Starting off the first quarter North Raiders made an amazing touchdown, making the score 7-0 with 2 minutes left on the clock. Jackson did not let that stop them, with only 21 seconds left in the first quarter scored a touchdown and gained the point . First quarter ends with the score tied 7-7.

Second quarter starting with multiple penalties from Jackson and North. Both teams made it difficult for either one of them to score. Darren Perry carried the ball almost gaining a touchdown but was taken down by Jackson.

Raiders score with 7:30 on the clock making the score 13-7. A flag was placed against Jackson while attempting a point after. The flag allowed North to go for a two-point conversion, but unfortunately failed, making it no good. 

North’s defense is on the field and Jackson gains a flag for a false start moving them down to their 43-yard line. 

Both teams received a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Neither side was thrilled about their penalty. Jackson and North getting flags left and right, making it difficult for both teams. Jackson county ended up scoring a touchdown with 3:24 left in the second quarter. 

Only two minutes later, Raiders scored a touchdown making the score North Forsyth 20 and Jackson County 14. The Raiders were not finished though, with only 8 seconds left in the second quarter North scored another touchdown. Trying to make up for their failed two-point conversion in the first quarter the raider tried one more time. Going for the two-point conversion and scoring making the ending score before half-time 28-14. 

This being the Raiders homecoming game, Princesses along with King and Queen were announced during half-time. The freshman Princess is Ansley Estle. The sophomore Princess is Camdyn Rupert. For the juniors, their Princess is Madelyn Britt. “I did not think I was going to win today at all. When my name was called, I was just shocked,” Madelyn had explained.

The seniors had a runner up King and Queen who were Ava Droze and Brayden Turner. Making their official homecoming King and Queen, Emma Wheeler and Seth Daughtery. Congratulations to all the winners. 

Afterwards starting the third quarter of the game the Raiders are in it to win it. North scored another touchdown and went ahead with the point after, the kick was good making the score 35-14 with North Forsyth in the lead. 

Another flag on the play against Jackson for holding, moving them back to the Panther 44. Moving them back did not stop them from gaining a touchdown with the score being 35-21, Raiders still leading. 

That still was not enough for Jackson County, only two minutes after their touchdown the Panthers had scored yet again. Their point after was good allowing them to slowly catch up to North with a score of 35-28. 

Both teams play their hardest earning back-to-back touchdowns. North ending with 42 and Jackson 35. With only a couple of minutes left in the game, the Raiders had possession of the ball. In the final play, the Raiders received flags for holding. The game ended with 42-35, making North Forsyth the winner. 

Damian Perry, a sophomore at North, had stated, “I feel like the game was definitely a physical and an intense experience between both sides of the ball, but in the end, we came out and fought hard for a victory.” 

Congratulations to our North Forsyth Raiders for winning the homecoming game.

Rohani Nguyen
Rohani Nguyen, Editor-in-Chief
Hello!! My name is Rohani Nguyen and this is my second year in journalism. I am one of the Editor-in-Chief  this year. I love drawing and doing photography. My favorite thing to do outside of school is collecting and reading books. Journalism is my absolute favorite, it is a place where I can be myself and truly love what I am doing there. I enjoy taking photos of different events at sports games as well as special school events! My goals for this year is to help develop and write interesting articles, and to post more fun content! I am excited about this years team and I know that we can do great things!