Damien Lillard traded to Milwaukee Bucks

The+Arena+of+the+Bucks+where+Lillard+will+start+playing+in+the+2024+season.+
wikicommons
The Arena of the Bucks where Lillard will start playing in the 2024 season.

Damien Lillard is considered to be a top 10 player in the NBA. On October 1, 2023 he got traded from the Portland trail Blazers who he was with from 2012-2023, in his 2013-2014 season he was named to the all NBA Third Team. He’s also known for being the all-time leading scorer for the Blazers. Lillard is a talented basketball player, throughout his Career he continued to shock fans by playing  at the Olympics in 2020 teaming with Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton, he won an Olympic gold medal. In July of 2023 he was named number 2 on the list of the top 10 greatest blazers  players, and in 2022 he was put number 1 on the list of 10 best Blazers players.  

It is said that Damian’s contract will be from 2026-2027. He wanted to be traded to the Bucks because he wanted to be with a team that is closer to contending for  Championships. In his four years with the Bucks he will be making 215 million dollars, while also signing a contract agreeing to 2 more years with the Bucks, where he would make more than 120 million dollars.  Along with the trade of Damien Lillard. Jrue Holiday and Deandre Ayton will be going to Portland and Jusif Nurkic the center player who  was previously in the Portland blazers is now going to the Phoenix Suns teams. 

According to Real GM the owner of the Blazers Jody Allen stated “We really need to move on. We’ve got great young talent, We’re not like other Rebuilding Teams who don’t have a strong core of young players. It’s time to turn the page.” The Blazers also have Malcolm Bridges and Robert Williams. According to Sources Lillard will also be with Khris Middleton and Giannis Antetokounmpo during the Eastern Conference.

Kiera Walker
 Hi, my name is Kiera, this year I'm a junior. It's my second year and I am so excited for all the new articles that I am going to write. whenever I get the chance I love reading from romance to thrillers to the bible and writing is something I enjoy in my spare time, I watch Gilmore Girls and Disney movies and shop at Ulta and of course the mall.