• First Day of School August 1
  • Enjoy your summer break!!

Isreal and Gaza War Updates

Wiki Commons
Photo of a soldier running in battle

It has been one month since Palestine attacked Israel and war was declared. Since then 200 Israelis have been taken hostage and approximately 1,400 have been killed. In Gaza 37,900 people have been killed and taken into hostage. Schools and refugee camps have also been destroyed. A few days after the attack President Joe Biden issued a statement, stating that the U.S. will be giving Palestine $100 Million. This would be for resources like provisions for clean water, food and much more. 

Earlier this month the GOP- led house passed a bill that will be providing $14.3 Billion in order to aid Israel, but President Joe Biden vetoed it. At the beginning of the attack on Oct. 10 the U.S. was giving Israel military supplies, and the U.S. defense secretary announced that Israel was getting help. President Biden, exclaimed, “We’re going to make sure that Israel does not run out of these critical assets to defend its cities and citizens”.

Ever since the war began, resources like flour, clean water and fuel in the West Bank have become scarce. According to CNN, flour is one of the resourcespeople depend on in Northern Gaza but is now out of their grasp. The citizens of Gaza depended on Bakeries, but 11 of the barkeries have been bombed since the beginning of the war.  Medical supplies have also been scarce according to the ChiefSurgeon for The International Committee of the Red Cross. The trucks delivering to these hospitals are sent from the ICRC but unfortunately, not all of them go through due to the attacks in the Gaza Strip.

About the Contributor
Kiera Walker
 Hi, my name is Kiera, this year I'm a junior. It's my second year and I am so excited for all the new articles that I am going to write. whenever I get the chance I love reading from romance to thrillers to the bible and writing is something I enjoy in my spare time, I watch Gilmore Girls and Disney movies and shop at Ulta and of course the mall.