• First Day of School August 1
  • Enjoy your summer break!!

Fortnite’s Best Season Yet

Wikimedia Commons
Epic Games gets ready to host its Fortnite World Cup

The new season is here! … Kind of. Fortnite has just dropped their best season yet called “Fortnite OG,” a combination of chapter 1 seasons including five, six, seven, eight and nine. This brand-new season has brought the game back to life and “OG” players like myself can’t wait.

One of the best parts of the new Fortnite season is the Battle Pass. By purchasing the Fortnite OG Battle Pass for just 950 V-Bucks, you can earn a collaboration of previous seasons’ Battle Pass skins in just 50 levels.

The first skin you can unlock is Spectra Knight. The tier one skin has many great customizable options and is honestly one of my favorite skins in the Battle Pass. Next up: Lil Split. Lil Split is definitely a fan favorite in this new season so far, and I can’t blame them. A cross between Lil Whip and Peely, this skin is most likely the reason why so many Fortnite users have purchased the Battle Pass. However, being a bigger target can definitely leave you at a disadvantage.

Renegade Lynx is the third skin that you can unlock. The skin isn’t the best to look at, as it’s a combination of Fortnite’s very first skin, the Renegade Raider, and a chapter one season seven skin, Lynx. This skin has some customizable options but not many, bringing the overall Battle Pass grade down. Last but not least is the Omegarok. Now, this skin tops all skins that we’ve ever seen in any Battle Pass. The Omegarok is a cross between two tier 100 skins: Omega (chapter one season four) and Ragnarok (chapter one season five). This skin can be unlocked at tier 50 and you best believe that I will be rocking the skin for seasons to come.

Some may argue that the battle pass doesn’t draw players to the game, but that is simply not true. In 2018, during chapter one, Fortnite made over 5.8 million dollars from their released Battle Passes according to useignhouse.com.

Now for my favorite part of the new season, the gameplay. The gameplay is definitely the reason why over 5.5 million players from across the world have logged into their account. According to videogamer.com, “The first day of Fortnite OG Season peaked at 5.88 million players. The peak occurred around 4 PM Eastern Time.” This news has shattered the gaming world and certainly proves why this season is the best of all time. The graphics are back to their original settings and gives the OG Fortnite players the nostalgia from 2018. The most exciting part of the gameplay is that the once-vaulted weapons have now been brought back to the game. Some fan favorites are assault rifles, pump shotguns and hunting rifles.

Fortnite OG is most definitely on top of the gaming world as it’s bringing back so many memories for “OG” players and is creating awesome new memories for new players. This season ends on Dec. 1, so you better hurry up fast and log into the new Fortnite OG.

About the Contributor
Preston Anderson
Preston Anderson, Sports Editor
Hello fellow classmates! My government first and last name is Preston Anderson and I was born in Georgia located in the United States of America and I am a part of the journalism program here at North Forsyth High School located in Forsyth County of Cumming, GA here in the United States of America. This is my third year at North Forsyth High School located in Forsyth County of Cumming, GA here in the United States of America, and this year I have 7 classes and 6 teachers at North Forsyth High School located in Forsyth County of Cumming,GA . My passions include playing sports, watching sports and talking and writing about sports. My hope this year at North Forsyth Forsyth High School located in Forsyth County of Cumming, GA in the United States of America  is to learn about Journalism and produce an excellent newspaper and literary magazine!