A Brand New Development to Forsyth County

+Forsyth+County+welcomes+a+new+development%2C+The+Gathering+at+South+Forsyth.
Wikki Commons
Forsyth County welcomes a new development, The Gathering at South Forsyth.

Forsyth County has multiple mixed-use areas that include shopping, commercial, and entertainment use buildings for the community to take advantage of. These include the Cumming City Center, The Halcyon and The Collection at Forsyth. These centers are meeting places for people of all ages to have fun and spend quality time together. 

The Gathering at South Forsyth is a new development in the works This will be an 80-acre mixed-use development, including a highly anticipated area designed to host sporting, entertainment and community events. Krause Sports and Entertainment is the company that is leading the development of the arena. CEO Vernon Krause describes his excitement about this new development, “I could not be more thrilled to take this giant step forward to bring this vision and dream to life for this community.” 

The hope for The Gathering at South Forsyth is that the arena can host major events for the county, including graduations, concerts and sporting events. Krause Sports and Entertainment has the prospects of bringing the National Hockey League back to GA by creating a team to be based at this arena. This would attract major tourist populations to the area and create major appeal for The Gathering at South Forsyth.

The partnership between Krause Sports and Entertainment and Forsyth County will bring new and exciting entertainment to the county. Junior Emmy Derose stated, “I am very excited to see what they do with it. It will be really fun to have concerts at the arena.”

The Gathering at South Forsyth will also include family housing, office spaces, retail space, outdoor trails, a Forsyth County fire station and a Forsyth County police precinct station. 

As The Gathering at South Forsyth is still in the development stage, construction has not begun yet.  Construction will be a long process and will likely take many years to complete. 

Forsyth County is very excited about this new development and has very big plans for The Gathering at South Forsyth. 

Grace Hutka
Grace Hutka, Staff Writer
Hello!! I am Grace Hutka and this is my first year of Journalism. Some of my hobbies include reading and being an coverage editor for the yearbook. When I am not at school, you can find me at my dance studio or hanging out with my family. I am a cat person, and am the proud parent of my Calico named Luna. I am so excited to be a staff writer on the Radier Wire this year. My goal is to learn new things and grow in my writing and photography skills.