Captured Memories to Last a Lifetime

Anna Huffman
Editors-in-Chief after hitting the final submit button!

As the weeks reaching spring break grow less and less, students at North realize the year is coming to a close. As students emerge in the fourth quarter, some are barely hanging on for the remaining weeks, some are thriving in season for their sport and some are begging for more time. Seniors have only a few remaining weeks before they walk across the stage and throw their cap into the air. Only a few more weeks before they leave behind four years of high school and embark on wherever their future calls next. 

As all this occurs, it can be easy to lose the times that were special in high school when the chaos of the future presents itself. A yearbook provides the opportunity to hold on to the memories of high school and to remember the years that brought excitement, stress, love and all other emotions that shape students into who they are today. 

With the submission of the yearbook just occurring, the pages are printing and the yearbook staff eagerly awaits the joy of seeing the printed pages, beautiful pictures and stories illustrated across the pages. 

Months of preparation occurred as Editors-in-Chief Katelyn Tillotson and Emmy DeRose decided on the theme in the previous spring school year. They then met with the publishing plant and representatives from the producer over the summer to design the cover and discuss coverage. Early into the school year, they developed the additional design elements and then began producing pages. The entirety of the process took a year, as both Tillotson and DeRose submitted the remaining pages with the staff on March 18. 

This year is North Forsyth’s 30th anniversary, which plays a role in the theme of the book. Anniversary books are very special and this one encapsulates the year well, highlighting the success of North and including as many students as possible. This year also sets records for coverage, as 1384 interviews were conducted and captured on the pages. Students will be pleased with the content as every sport, club, class and pathway is covered in the book. Prom and graduation would be included if they came before the final deadline.

There are new elements that have never been seen before introduced in this year’s book. Editor-in-Chief Katelyn Tillotson shared, “This year’s book is special. We spent countless hours working on it and I am so proud of what we created. There is a wide display of pictures and special moments captured and I am so excited for students to be able to reminisce on the memories of the year through what we created.”

Students at North Forsyth should strongly consider purchasing a yearbook this year. This book is the largest in recent years, and will hold special times forever. Editor-in-Chief Emmy DeRose explained, “Our book is one of the most colorful, loud and I believe one that truly encompasses the true North life! Make sure to buy your yearbooks. We are so excited to share our hard work with all of you! Couldn’t have done it without our amazing student body!”

As memories from high school begin to fade, the book holds strong. High school proves to be a developmental time for students as they grow, prosper and learn. Although they are often not the most important times in their lives, they hold powerful moments that they can hold onto for years to come. These memories can live on through the photos, quotes and signatures of friends. As students close the chapter of this year, they can reminisce, laugh, cry, smile and remember the times that developed them into who they are today. Purchase your yearbook at yearbookordercenter.com and input job number 15157. With less than 120 books left, purchase quickly!

Katelyn Tillotson
Katelyn Tillotson, Staff Writer
Hi! My name is Katelyn Tillotson and I am a senior this year. This is my first year in journalism and I am very excited to be a staff writer! I am editor-in-chief of the yearbook staff this year, and I also play soccer. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, and I love to meet new people. I enjoy taking pictures and graphic design, along with interviewing people and writing. I am excited to gain more writing experience, and I am also looking to expand subjects that I write on. I am excited for some freedom, and to write fun and interesting articles for students at North!