2024 Literary Magazine

Priscilla Fulwider
Don’t forget to purchase a literary magazine!

North Forsyth High School’s journalism class, otherwise known as the Raider Wire, creates a book every year called the Literary Magazine, also known by the students as the lit mag. The lit mag consists of North Forsyth High School’s students’ artwork and literature pieces. Students from the journalism class work together to put all of the artwork and lit pieces together to create a magazine that flows well and has a meaning shown throughout it. 

This year the literary magazine’s theme is  “Ad Multos Anos” which is Latin for “to many years.” The magazine goes through the different stages of life including child, teen and adult which is demonstrated through literature pieces that represent what is happening in each corresponding stage of life. 

The pictures on each page are hand picked to represent each stage of life as well as matching whatever each lit piece is talking about. There are also specific colors on each page to help represent the connection to emotions.

Proofs editor of the Literary Magazine, junior Katharine Jennings when asked why should someone purchase a lit mag said, “Our class doesn’t get a lot of funding and the majority of the money we get to use comes from the lit mag. People should purchase a lit mag because it helps to support our class.”

The lit mag is a main support of financial income for the journalism class. When people purchase a lit mag the money goes directly to the journalism program which allows for there to be another lit mag to be produced the next year. 

Maddie Lewis, one of the editors and chief of the lit mag, when asked about what inspired the theme of the lit mag said, “We put a lot of thought into the lit mag by combining mine and Iris’s pitches. The design editors put both ideas together, making life stages symbolic within colors.”

The lit mag staff put a lot of thought and effort into making this literary magazine. Every purchase of a lit mag shows appreciation for all of the dedication and hard work put into every page of the lit mag.  

The lit mag is available for all students and teachers at North Forsyth High School to purchase as well as parents and family members. The purchase of a lit mag helps provide funds for the journalism class as well as supporting all of the staff’s hard work and effort put into making the magazine. 

Cilla Fulwider
Cilla Fulwider, Staff Writer
Hey! I am Cilla Fulwider and this is my first year in journalism and I’m a staff writer. Some of my hobbies are cheer and photography. When I’m not at school I am usually hanging out with my friends or family. In the future I would love to travel and explore. This year in journalism I am hoping to become a more advanced writer and advance my photography skills. In the future I hope to become the news editor because I enjoy the news.