• First Day of School August 1
  • Enjoy your summer break!!

So Long North High

Janis Parry
Me and lil bro were intellectuals at the time.

I would like to say a few words of justice to the body of North Forsyth. I’ve had quite the time here, shaping my entire life with the tools given to me, and becoming the person I am today. My departure from a building that has held my hopes and dreams itches me to my core. There is no greater imbalance in life than to be slowly peeled away from home. 

I could say that this place would lose a piece of itself by losing me, but I think I’m leaving a piece of myself here. I will never get to know if I’ll have a Raider-Tastic day ever again, I will never get to know another Bobby C. Jersey like the one I glance at ever so often during Spirit Walks, I just never know.

Journalism will hold a special place in my heart; knowing the small population of people providing quality articles to the school body is a fulfilling experience like no other. I’ll especially miss the grand topics and wild discussions while playing cards. Having parties, and filling my soul up with sugar and glee while cooking up articles for the best publishing magazine in sight, couldn’t be replaced by anything in college that’s for sure. 

No matter the days when I didn’t feel like coming to school or getting on the yellow bus at 7 a.m., there was an atmosphere that was always held here at school, whether it was due to the teachers, the students, or the black, gray and purple walls, it was always home.

I’m proud to see the little girl who would accidentally slip up and call her teacher mom or attempt to make her friends laugh with silly gestures, would be leaving home. This is where she laughs, this is where she cries, this is where she panics, this is where she feels safe. 

It’s not the walls that keep us here, we keep each other. And I’m proud of my classmates, ones I’ve grown up with and ones I’ve met just this year. And I’m proud of the future generation of kids who have truly shown me a drive for a better society.

I am so grateful to be surrounded by talented, hard-working people. But now I leave home. I’m being sent far away, and I don’t think there will be a return. There are no school lunches where I’ll be going or silliness. It’s all too real over there, but I’m glad I spent my time here, with the people I love.

About the Contributor
Janis Parry
Janis Parry, Literature Editor
Good day, my name is Janis Parry and this is my second year in journalism. I am a senior with optimistic ambitions about my future and this class particularly. The contents of journalism seem to always lure me into some interesting journey to learn about my surroundings. This class eludes me from a regular school day to a hilarious discussion about anything and everything. I enjoy reading the weirdest works of literature, dancing to any type of music, and creating unlikely scenarios when I’m by myself. My goals for journalism include: quality articles, interesting articles and taking more pictures for my writing.