Kudlas Wins Teacher of the Year Award

Kudlas Wins Teacher of the Year Award

Amanda Lewsader, Staff Writer

On September 25, 2014 this year’s Teacher of the Year was announced: Brad Kudlas. Mr. Kudlas is a compassionate teacher who has high expectations of his students. He has been educating students at North Forsyth High School for the past 14 years. In those years, he taught Chemistry and Marketing Principles.  Not only is he dedicated to his teaching but also to his coaching. He pushes his players and runners to their full potential, and always does what is best for both the basketball and cross country programs. He is very honored to be named Teacher of the Year by the people he looks up to.

“I thank you for helping me be the person, teacher, and coach I am today…”  Mr.Kudlas commented in his acceptance speech. ShannonAnderson nominated Brad Kudlas for this position. She felt that he deserves and has worked for the title of teacher of the year.

“Students and colleagues respect and like Coach Kudlas as a person, teacher, coach, and mentor,” sheadded.   Mr.Kudlas feels if he is able to build a relationship with students, he will effectively reach that student and guide them through that trust from the relationship.  Not only does Mr.Kudlas put the right foot forward with his students, but he also knows how to cope with different positions as an educator at North. He is willing to do anything for the better of the school. “I try to do what needs to be done for the good of the team, North Forsyth.”  Taylor Stevens, Junior, has had Mr.Kudlas for a teacher for the past two years in Chemistry and then Marketing.

“He works hard and has a great connection with the class. He always makes sure everyone does not have any added stress and has fun with the classes but he also gets his point across about teaching the material,” Stevens said. In November, Mr. Kudlas will go represent NFHS on the district level, so if you happen to see him in the halls, congratulate him for his accomplishment.