The Raiders Diving into First

Senior+Josiah+Selvig+prepares+for+his+next+dive+off+of+the+1-meter+diving+board.+Selvig+competed+in+his+first+high+school+diving+meet+with+teammate+McKay+Middleton+%28senior%29.+The+diving+meet+took+place+over+the+course+of+an+hour%2C+keeping+the+audience+entertained+and+on+their+toes+as+the+boys+competed+with+dives+of+varying+difficulty.+

Senior Josiah Selvig prepares for his next dive off of the 1-meter diving board. Selvig competed in his first high school diving meet with teammate McKay Middleton (senior). The diving meet took place over the course of an hour, keeping the audience entertained and on their toes as the boys competed with dives of varying difficulty.

Maddy James, Staff Writer

The North Forsyth High School Dive Team started off the 2014 season on Saturday, November 8th, at the Cumming Aquatic Center. The divers competed on the 1-meter diving board, and performed 6 dives. Senior McKay Middleton took home first place, and senior Josiah Selvig finished in third place. Middleton had a final score of 227 points, qualifying for the state diving meet in February, and Selvig had a total of 176 points, putting him in an impressive third place for his first high school dive meet. McKay and Josiah will compete on Saturday, November 15th, at the Marist Invitational. Senior Eric Decker, who was unable to compete on the 8th due to SAT testing, will join the other divers at the Marist Invitational, where the boys will compete on the 1-meter diving board and perform 11 dives.