Raiders Scrimmage Central Bulldogs

Raiders+fight+at+the+end+zone+to+keep+the+Bulldogs+from+another+touchdown.+

Raiders fight at the end zone to keep the Bulldogs from another touchdown.

Hailey Yarbrough, Associate Editor

Lights drowned out the stars, and fans filled the stands at Forsyth Central High School last Friday night. Football season has returned. North Forsyth Raiders played the Central Bulldogs in a scrimmage Friday, August 14th to kick off the season and to rally the county for a spectacular season. Scoring two touch downs, Central won the first half with a score of 14-7. North gave them a hard fight, but unfortunately came up a little short. Junior Simon Holcomb drove the pig skin to the end zone after four plays and 40-yards into a touchdown. This run tied up the first half 7-7, but Central soon retaliated with another touchdown, breaking through Raider defense. Four fumbles occurred on the field from a combination of both teams with several turnovers by both.

However, in the second half with a cleared out scoreboard, Raiders rose up and fought hard to acquire a score of 21-14. The second half consisted of mostly junior varsity players and freshmen from both teams, where as the first half contained the star varsity players. Junior Bradley Thomas put up two touchdowns for the Raiders in the third quarter including a coast to coast run of 86 yards. “I see a lot of potential in the lower classmen this year. It’ll be interesting to see them step up and begin to take over the team for when our seniors graduate,” stated Dakota Bryant, junior defensive lineman.

Football came back to Raider Valley on Friday, August 28 against the Cherokee Warriors. Fans arrived at seven o’clock to help cheer on our boys in their head to head game. Unfortunately, Raiders lost 33-24. The next scheduled game happens Friday, September 4th at Chattahoochee High School.