$1.5 Billion Powerball Jackpot: What Would You Have Done?

$1.5 Billion Powerball Jackpot: What Would You Have Done?

JoAnn Ahn, Staff Writer

 

 

 

After the well anticipated broadcast of the $1.5 billion Powerball Jackpot’s winning numbers on January 13th, millions of people across the country returned to their regular lives as their fantasies were put on hold.  Before the announcement, everyone had the same unrelenting question stuck in their minds: What if? What if? What if I win this lottery? Despite the 1 in 292 million odd, every lottery ticket buyer purchased a ticket (or more) with hopes that they would become an overnight millionaire. Other than the three lucky Powerball winners and all of the world’s billionaires, we regular folks still continue to dream of the possibilities that money would open doors to. As for myself, although utterly ridiculous to believe I had a chance, I would have kept a small portion, possibly 10%, to invest in my future education, to travel, and to give to my family. The other 90% would go to provide for the global and local poor for the sake of God’s Kingdom and the betterment of the world. Although the thought of millions of dollars suddenly in our possession can scare/excite us, a few Raiders here at North Forsyth shared their answer for the question, “What would you do if you won the Powerball?”