Top Five Haunted Halloween Attractions in North Georgia

The perfect way to get into the spooky season of Halloween is to go to a haunted attraction!

Bella Angell, Features and Opinion Editor

The term “haunted” has different meanings to different people, like small children may perceive carved pumpkins and corn mazes as scary while teenagers crave a larger scare factor in their pursuit of a haunted experience. This ranges from dark scenarios to special effects and beyond. In the following list, there is a wide variety of haunted Halloween attractions that you can visit, whether you want to walk through a haunted trail or pick out a pumpkin to carve.

The younger age group might enjoy a day at Warbington Farms which is located at 5555 Crow Road in Cumming. They offer a friendly corn maze, petting zoo and hayrides while visitors choose their perfect pumpkin. Most local children have visited Warbington on a school field trip as this is a zero on the haunted scale for most families.

The Kinsey Family Farm is located at 7170 Jot-em Down Road in Gainesville and is another popular place to visit in the fall. Many families visit Kinsey’s Farm to pick out pumpkins, as well as during the holiday season for Christmas trees. Other activities that families can enjoy include the hayride, barn animals and fish feeding. They also have a shop selling local products such as baked goods, honey, apples, jams, cider and more. Families are guaranteed no hauntings at the beloved Kinsey Farm.

Uncle Shuck’s “The Dark Rows” Haunted Corn Maze, located at 4520 Highway 53 East in Dawsonville, offers an outdoor haunted attraction on Friday and Saturday nights in October. The Haunted Maze is a nighttime adventure through the corn maze, lit only by the light of the moon. It is self-guided with just those people in your party. The evening can be paired with other activities such as picking out pumpkins, a hayride or a bonfire roasting marshmallows. This haunted experience is not high on the scary scale but is scarier than the first two attractions. While older children are enjoying the haunted corn maze, younger children will enjoy other offerings.

Hell’s Gates, also in Dawsonville, is located at 329 Harmony Church Road, and is at the other end of the spectrum on the scary scale. No one under the age of 10 will be admitted and it is not recommended for anyone under the age of 12. Hell’s Gates is referred to as an outdoor reality drama with you as a participant. Visitors are placed into groups and go through an outdoor trail that includes several different scenarios with life and death decisions, live actors, video effects, fire, gunfire and explosions. The good news is that there is a “no touching” rule, meaning they can only scare you to death but cannot actually touch you.

These haunted experiences and others in Georgia can be viewed here.

One of the highest-ranked and most frightening haunted attractions is Netherworld, located at 6624 Dawson Blvd in Norcross. Primal Scream is the main event, which involves a walk-through haunted house filled with live actors, special effects and monsters that rival your worst nightmare. Another section of Netherworld is Mr. Grendel’s Fun House of Horror offers a 3-D horror house experience. It is a graphic adventure among clowns, scary monsters and aliens. Netherworld is so scary that you may only go once.

These are just a few of the attractions in Georgia that you can visit as the anticipation grows for Halloween! Go have fun by carving pumpkins, roasting marshmallows, drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes, visiting haunted houses, and picking out costumes! Get in the Halloween spirit!

• Top Five Haunted Halloween Attractions in North Georgia

Valentine’s Day Around the World

How to Win Valentine’s Day: Gifts to Get the One You Cherish

Adam Levine and Travis Scott’s Halftime Show Left Many Disappointed

You Will Fall in Love With These Top Three Valentine’s Day Traditions

Does “Mary Poppins Returns” Live Up to the Original Movie?

Where Did the Great Movies Go?

Top Five Prom Dress Shops

Read 5:32 p.m.: The Frustration of Read Receipts

New Year, New Books: Top 10 Anticipated Young-Adult Books of 2019

President Trump’s Twitter Account Has Officially Been Confiscated