North Recognizes October Students of the Month

Jack Kern, a recipient of the student of the month award, poses just outside the Performing Arts Center. He was recognized for his work within the drama department for the month of October.

Noah Smith, Lit Mag Editor

On Wednesday October 25, 2017 during IF, the students of the month were announced during an awards ceremony. These students are chosen by their teachers for specific subjects as students who express academic achievement and excel in their courses.

The students recognized were Anna Hollis for Health and PE, Bobbie Quesnel for CTAE, Cedric Baaklini for Social Studies, Tabor Carnes for Science, Isabella Barr for Math, Jack Kern for Fine Arts, Connor Ramey for English Language Arts, and Graham Garmon for World Language. Additionally, Josh Montesinos of the social studies department was recognized as the teacher of the month for October.

Jack Kern, a senior recognized for Fine Arts, stated that he “thought it was really cool” to be recognized for his hard work. “I wasn’t expecting it at all and I was really honored.”

The next student of the month ceremony will be held at the end of November. Stay tuned for monthly updates!