Competition Cheer Takes Raider Pride to State

+The+Raider%27s+Competition+Cheer+squad+pose+after+receiving+their+title+of+sixth+in+the+state%2C+breaking+a+new+record+for+the+school.+Photo+used+with+permission+from+North+Forsyth+Twitter%2C+%40NForsythHigh.

The Raider's Competition Cheer squad pose after receiving their title of sixth in the state, breaking a new record for the school. Photo used with permission from North Forsyth Twitter, @NForsythHigh.

Leilani Gibbons, Editor-in-Chief

This November, the North Forsyth competition cheer team made their way to the state finals championship and, for the first time in school history, were qualified for the ‘All Girls’ finals round, leaving the tournament as one of the top six girls teams in the state. This competition is hosted by the Georgia High School Association (GHSA) and was held at the Columbus Civic Center from November 10-11, accommodating a sea of sparkling bows and cheerful grins as teams went head to head performing stunts and their respective routines.

As one of the last teams to perform their cheer set, the Raiders wowed the judges from the first section, the sectionals competition, to the last section in the finals, returning to North as the sixth team in the state. The team, led by coach Wood, was incredibly proud of their performances through the weekend, breaking school records and creating new goals for the girls. Senior Peyton Benevenuto exclaimed, “Being selected for top six finals was a blessing for our team, and it was a the perfect way to end my season as a high school cheerleader.”

As the competition cheer season comes to an end, Benevenuto and the rest of the senior girls will continue to lead as role models for the squad and school as a whole, encouraging cheer teams that come in the next years to work diligently and break new bounds.

• Competition Cheer Takes Raider Pride to State

Local

Submissions for the Threshold Literary Magazine are Due December 14

Local

North’s 2018 December Donations!

Local

NFHS Booming Agricultural Program

News

Dual Enrollment Requirements for 2019-2020

Grassroots: A Growing Demand for Stringed Instruments in Forsyth County

• Editorial/Opinion

The Issue With Language Learning in America

Editorial/Opinion

Sleep Is Not For The Weak, I Promise

• Editorial/Opinion

The Importance Of Voting

Editorial/Opinion

The Food Allergy Paradox

McDonald’s Deposits $40 billion for Their New Location on the Moon