“Annie” the Musical Comes to the Cumming Playhouse this Fall.

The orphans of the show pose at the end of a musical number. They are all excited for the show to start, and are working hard to prepare for their audience.

Katie Harrill, Staff Writer

As fall approaches, the season for theatre is beginning. The Cumming Playhouse, a historical theatre, puts on multiple shows a year. This year, the Playhouse is pleased to welcome “Annie” to the stage. The show features multiple North Forsyth Middle School students and one North Forsyth High School student–Katie Harrill.  The two girls playing the lead role of Annie, are Tori Harrill (sister of Katie Harrill), and Brooke Rhobotham.

When asked what it is like to play such an iconic role as Annie, Rhobotham said, “It’s awesome! Annie is one of my dream roles. It is tough sometimes, because Annie is so well known, that you have to find a way to give the audience the character they know, while still putting a piece of yourself into the role.”

“Annie” is an inspirational story of a young orphan who faces the struggles of the 1930s in a miserable orphanage, under the wrath of the tyrannical Miss Hannigan. Annie’s luck changes when she is chosen to spend Christmas at the mansion of billionaire, Oliver Warbucks. With the help of her new friends, and her best friend/dog Sandy, she finds the happy ending she is looking for.

When asked why Annie is such an inspirational character for everyone, Tori Harrill stated, “Annie somehow remains optimistic about everything that is thrown at her. She truly does see the better in tomorrow.”

As October nears, the cast is excited to share this inspirational show with the rest of the area. The show dates are from Oct. 19 to Nov. 11. The whole cast would really love to see a great turnout.

• “Annie” the Musical Comes to the Cumming Playhouse this Fall.

Local

Submissions for the Threshold Literary Magazine are Due December 14

Local

North’s 2018 December Donations!

Local

NFHS Booming Agricultural Program

Local

Forsyth County School Systems Claim the Title of “Highest SAT Scores” in Georgia

Local

AP US History Students of NFHS are in the Middle of Their Own Civil War

Local

Recap of the 2018 Varsity Volleyball Season

Local

PSAT: What To Expect From Those Who Have Taken It

Local

Top Two Corn Mazes in Georgia

• Local

Alliance Academy for Innovation Defeats North Forsyth In First JV Academic Team

Must Watch New Dramas of Fall 2018