Strong and Determined NFHS JROTC team takes on the Raider Meet competition in the last heat of September

JROTC team huddles before Raider meet competition begins.

Katie Harrill, Staff Writer

On Sept. 8, from 6 a.m to 2 p.m,  the NFHS JROTC team participated in the Raider Meet, a competition hosted by Lumpkin High School. The meet consists of six events which tests the endurance of each participant. In all six events, the NFHS coed team won first place overall, with the female NFHS team following close behind at second place.

Jacqueline Palmer said, “It was plenty hard. We were exhausted by the end of all six events.”

With the NFHS team taking the top two winning spots, there was a lot of hard work involved. The teams participated in six events including an obstacle course, a cross country rescue, in which the team ran through the woods with weighted backpacks, and a stretcher loaded with a weighted duffel bag on it, a 5K run, a HMMWV pull (a rope attached to the front of a HMMWV vehicle and the team pulls it a certain distance), as well as the “beast” event.

Collin Chamberlain concludes, “It was really challenging, but overall a fun experience.”

• Strong and Determined NFHS JROTC team takes on the Raider Meet competition in the last heat of September

Local

Submissions for the Threshold Literary Magazine are Due December 14

Local

North’s 2018 December Donations!

Local

NFHS Booming Agricultural Program

Local

Forsyth County School Systems Claim the Title of “Highest SAT Scores” in Georgia

Local

AP US History Students of NFHS are in the Middle of Their Own Civil War

Local

Recap of the 2018 Varsity Volleyball Season

Local

PSAT: What To Expect From Those Who Have Taken It

Local

Top Two Corn Mazes in Georgia

• Local

Alliance Academy for Innovation Defeats North Forsyth In First JV Academic Team

Must Watch New Dramas of Fall 2018