Strong and Determined NFHS JROTC team takes on the Raider Meet competition in the last heat of September

JROTC team huddles before Raider meet competition begins.

Katie Harrill, Staff Writer

On Sept. 8, from 6 a.m to 2 p.m,  the NFHS JROTC team participated in the Raider Meet, a competition hosted by Lumpkin High School. The meet consists of six events which tests the endurance of each participant. In all six events, the NFHS coed team won first place overall, with the female NFHS team following close behind at second place.

Jacqueline Palmer said, “It was plenty hard. We were exhausted by the end of all six events.”

With the NFHS team taking the top two winning spots, there was a lot of hard work involved. The teams participated in six events including an obstacle course, a cross country rescue, in which the team ran through the woods with weighted backpacks, and a stretcher loaded with a weighted duffel bag on it, a 5K run, a HMMWV pull (a rope attached to the front of a HMMWV vehicle and the team pulls it a certain distance), as well as the “beast” event.

Collin Chamberlain concludes, “It was really challenging, but overall a fun experience.”

• Strong and Determined NFHS JROTC team takes on the Raider Meet competition in the last heat of September

Local

Local Forsyth Schools Threatened by Young Teenagers

Local

An Insight Into Upcoming Choir Auditions 2019-2020 School Year

Local

North’s JV Soccer Team Falls Short of Denmark by One Point

Local

Raider Athletes Sign on to Play on in College

Local

Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Get Your NFHS Ornaments Today

Editorial/Opinion

When To Take Your SAT?

Local

Allergies are on the Rise: Here’s Why

Local

Students of the Month

Local

Submissions for the Threshold Literary Magazine are Due December 14