Holiday Choir Concert

Holiday Choir Concert

The NFHS choir had a very busy Christmas season this year. They had many caroling events, as seen in the photo, as well as prepared for the annual concert. The choir has enjoyed the season and wants to thank everyone who came out to their 2018 holiday concert.

Ella McCook, Staff Writer

On December 11th, North Forsyth High School’s choir program hosted their annual holiday concert at Cumming First United Methodist Church. The 2018 Holiday Choir Concert will showcase all four NFHS ensembles. From Chamber Choir to Cantamus to Raider Chorale to Acapella Club, the audience had the opportunity to hear a variety of sounds from each choir.

The NFHS choir program worked very hard to learn the music for their respective concerts.

The concert featured a variety of music, from classical Christmas hymns to acapella arrangements of classics like “Up on the Housetop” modeled after the Pentatonix version featured on their 2017 album.

Alyssa Collins, a senior at North, says that she really enjoys the song “Angels We Have Heard on High” because it is “unique” and because “each voice part is doing their own thing.” Collins, along with  many of the other choir students, is excited for this year’s concert and believes it is going to be “really good.”

Select members of the Chamber Choir performed in Piedmont College’s “Lessons and Carols,” as well as Cumming First United Methodist Church’s “Lessons and Carols.” Christmas is a busy time for the NFHS choir program.

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Lady Raiders Golf Team Has Another Rough Tournament

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Ceramics Art Show At LaGrange University

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Potential Tornadoes Headed for Georgia

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Local Forsyth Schools Threatened by Young Teenagers

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

An Insight Into Upcoming Choir Auditions 2019-2020 School Year

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

North’s JV Soccer Team Falls Short of Denmark by One Point

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Raider Athletes Sign on to Play on in College

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Get Your NFHS Ornaments Today

• Holiday Choir Concert

Editorial/Opinion

When To Take Your SAT?

• Holiday Choir Concert

Local

Allergies are on the Rise: Here’s Why

Holiday Choir Concert