Holiday Choir Concert

The NFHS choir had a very busy Christmas season this year. They had many caroling events, as seen in the photo, as well as prepared for the annual concert. The choir has enjoyed the season and wants to thank everyone who came out to their 2018 holiday concert.

Ella McCook, Staff Writer

On December 11th, North Forsyth High School’s choir program hosted their annual holiday concert at Cumming First United Methodist Church. The 2018 Holiday Choir Concert will showcase all four NFHS ensembles. From Chamber Choir to Cantamus to Raider Chorale to Acapella Club, the audience had the opportunity to hear a variety of sounds from each choir.

The NFHS choir program worked very hard to learn the music for their respective concerts.

The concert featured a variety of music, from classical Christmas hymns to acapella arrangements of classics like “Up on the Housetop” modeled after the Pentatonix version featured on their 2017 album.

Alyssa Collins, a senior at North, says that she really enjoys the song “Angels We Have Heard on High” because it is “unique” and because “each voice part is doing their own thing.” Collins, along with  many of the other choir students, is excited for this year’s concert and believes it is going to be “really good.”

Select members of the Chamber Choir performed in Piedmont College’s “Lessons and Carols,” as well as Cumming First United Methodist Church’s “Lessons and Carols.” Christmas is a busy time for the NFHS choir program.