North Forsyth DECA Takes On the 2019 State CDC

Thirteen North Forsyth DECA members will have the opportunity to travel to Orlando to compete at the International Career Development Conference in April.

Bella Angell, Editor-in-Chief

On Feb. 14-16, the NFHS DECA chapter departed for Atlanta where they attended the State Career Development Conference (CDC) for 2019. With 29 attendees, the chapter registered for almost 20 categories, and 13 students (39 percent) qualified to attend the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Orlando in April. Students competing had the choice of choosing their categories. Options include Independent Decision Making Event, Team Decision Making Event, and Written Manuals. Those wishing to compete with an Independent Decision Making Event had to place in their Regional competition for the category. Those who qualified at State CDC are:

Courtney Williams – 6th in Automotive Services Marketing (Independent Decision Making)

Aaron Honn and Lily Cooper – 6th in Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making

Ryan Foust and Jack Ritacco – 2nd in Hospitality Services Team Decision Making

Justin Loedding and Lily Cooper – 6th in Franchise Business Plan (Written Manual)

Bella Angell and Anthony Herock – 4th in International Business Plan (Written Manual)

Bobbie Quesnel, Grace Edwards and Jackie Cottongim – 3rd in Learn and Earn Project (Written Manual)

Kyle Browning – 5th in Selling Online Testing Event

Additionally, the chapter won multiple awards–as well as slots for attendees–for their accomplishments during the school year, including:

Achievement Level Award for National Membership Campaign

Thrive Level Award for National Campaigns

2018-2019 Community Service Project

Over 150 Chapter Members (Student, Alumni and Professional)

5 Year DECA Advisor Certificate and Pin (Given to Lisa Harrell–NFHS DECA Advisor)

School-Based Enterprise (SBE) Gold Recertification

11th Largest Chapter in Georgia

Members who did not qualify in their competition slot will be offered a leadership academy slot or a School-Based Enterprise (SBE) presentation slot for Raider Station to attend ICDC. Students who will be attending ICDC from April 26 to May 1 will be competing and attending workshops, as well as visiting Universal Studios.

We cannot wait to see what the NFHS DECA chapter accomplishes!