Stars of NFHS Choir

The North Forsyth choir singers gear up for show night! They can’t wait for their chance to grace the stage.

Katie Harrill, Staff Writer

Have you ever been to a choir concert here at NFHS? Maybe choral music isn’t your vibe? Well now there is a chance for you to view some of the school’s choral students as they perform all kinds of solos and duets. The music that each student has picked to perform shows a different level of skill and includes many favorite songs as well as some you may not know. There will be plenty of musical theatre solos and duets, but also a few contemporary pieces.

The show takes place on the April 23 in the North Forsyth High School Performing Arts Center. Many of the performers are seniors who wish to have a last hoorah before they set out to expand their horizons. The showcase is a new idea being implemented by the choir to save time during the actual choir concert, which is normally where these performances occur. Because the showcase is being held earlier than the actual choir concert, there will be more performers and more performances this go around. There is general seating and the doors open at 6:30 p.m. Donations of $5 (or any amount) are appreciated, but not required to attend the show!  If you are interested in hearing the traditional choral selections that the North Forsyth choirs have worked so hard to put together, then come to the First United Methodist Church on April 30 for NFHS choirs’ spring concert. The choir would love to see everyone there!