Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

As the current seniors head out, the rising seniors swarm in ready to have the best year of their high school careers.

Marvin Cruz, Staff Writer

As the 2019-2020 school year comes to a close, rising seniors are mentally preparing themselves for the responsibilities that come during their last year of high school. From senior picture planning to applying to colleges, there is no shortage of responsibilities. Current juniors are anxiously waiting for the last 20 days of school to end so they can officially call themselves seniors.

As the school year inches closer to wrapping up, the rising seniors are getting ready for their last year of high school. There may a lot of responsibilities, but there is also endless excitement. I asked current junior Cayson Turner what she is most excited for during her senior year. She said, “I am excited to make memories and have less than seven classes… I cannot wait to open a new chapter and attend college.” While the thought of being a senior can be quite nerve-racking because of the idea of leaving to go off to college, it is best to take in every moment because it will not last long.

While some seniors will be staying at North Forsyth High School for their last year, many are going to college a year early for Dual Enrollment through local colleges. Rising senior Ansley Allen is taking advantage of this opportunity. When I asked what she is most excited for during her senior year, she said, “I am ready to take on my last year of high school basketball. I am also over the moon that I have the privilege to be apart of the University of North Georgia for dual enrollment.” While sometimes the workload and responsibilities can be overwhelming, the year will fly by and there will be so many cherishable memories made. Get ready because these rising seniors are ready take on the best year yet!

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

How Jordan Peele’s Second Film Transformed Horror

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

Arts Education

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

How To Choose Your College Major

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

Crossing Boundaries: The Importance of Music Collaborations

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

Xanax Rappers: Your Drug Addictions Are Not Beautiful

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

Rising Internet Censorship: The Take-Down of Your Favorite Social Media Apps

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

How Animals Can Help Students Relieve Stress

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

Mission Trips Matter (But Leave the Heroism at Home)

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

NFHS Prom Theme 2019: Yay Or Nay?

• Class of 2020 Is Rising Up

Editorial/Opinion

Why Seniors Should NOT Take IE2 Before College

Class of 2020 Is Rising Up