Need Costume Inspiration?

Wiki Commons
Halloween has arrived!

Fall has arrived. The pumpkin spice lattes and leaf piles have now become a staple in most of society’s eyes; as well as one of the most iconic holidays in history, Halloween. The amount of candy available will always be someone’s dream come true, but what about dressing up? Ideas are snatched left and right and sometimes, people just have zero ideas.

Barbie has been around for over 60 years, changing to match the times, every single time. With thousands of different career costumes to choose from, the options to dress up seem infinite. Astronauts, Fitness trainers and Cowgirl just to name a few. With a friend or significant other, make it a couple’s costume by adding Ken with a costume to match.

The young teenage girl in all-black clothing has always been in the memory of people when they think of the creepy things that come with the spooky season. The family of seven, a Frankenstein butler, as well as a hand; their dark, yet funny aura has always made an appearance during the creepy season. The Addams Family will remain a staple for Halloween, and with the new “Wednesday” series that came out on Netflix not too long ago, what better time to dress up as her than now?

Due to the new “Super Mario Bros” movie that came out earlier this year, as well as just being classic characters throughout the years, Mario and his younger brother, Luigi, would be interesting ideas to bring to the table of group costumes. The green and red game characters have been around for decades, taking the gaming world by storm. For an even bigger group costume besides the brothers, add more characters, like Princess Peach, Toad or Bowser, to the mix.

Continuing with ultimate classics, Spiderman has been around for over 60 years. The amount of memes and movies have proven this character has had an impact, even to this day. Now with the addition of the new characters, such as Gwen, this costume can go from just one person to a whole squad of superheroes based on the web-spinning superhero.

From the 1990’s to the 2010’s, the series “IT” has introduced the creepy clown, Pennywise, as an option to dress up as for Halloween. Overall though, when the first movie came out, the thought of creepy clowns for the season blew up. Throughout the remaining years, creepy clowns have popped up as inspiration for people to dress up as, and the idea is still open. Even though it may be only one clown, the victims of his evil, such as Georgie, add to make this a great group costume.

With plenty more ideas on the table, these were just a few options available. There are plenty of others that could come to mind, such as Disney Princesses and their respective princes, or characters from the still-running movie series, “Scream.” Whatever costume that comes to mind, Halloween will be an enjoyable day.

Christina Manes
Christina Manes, Staff Writer
Hello! My Name is Christina Manes. I am in 11th and I’m currently a staff writer on the Raider Wire and this is my first year in Journalism. Some of the things I enjoy doing are listening to music, my favorite artists being BTS, Blackpink, and Stray Kids. I also enjoy writing stories in my free time. My favorite genre to write is fiction but I write multiple genres, including fantasy. I also enjoy watching movies, one of my favorites being Alvin and the Chipmunks series, as well as Shrek. I can’t wait to start working on the newspaper and literary magazine.