Trunk or Treat

• Student Council’s amazing trunk and their little puppy.

• Spider-Man showing off his muscles against our ROTC students.

It is officially the fall season, which means that it is also the Halloween season. Towards the end of the month, North Forsyth High School hosts events for Halloween. One of those events is Trunk to Treat. Trunk or Treat is an event where students and teachers open their car trunks and have games, decorations and most importantly candy. 

This year the event was held on Oct. 26 in the visitor parking lot, in front of the school. Kids and their parents started to rush in around 5pm. Over 100 people showed up to trick or treat, get food, and play many fun games.  Little kids wearing the cutest costumes and having the biggest smile on their faces gives North a reason to continue this tradition. 

Students that were helping out also had fun as well, hosting and walking around. “I had a lot of fun walking around and seeing all the different trunk ideas. Everyone was super creative and seeing everybody have such a fun time, especially the kids, really brought a smile to my face!” Kate Jennings expressed. 

Every car had its different colors and themes. Journalism’s theme was spooky scary skeletons and had different types of scary skeletons lying around. Another super cute one was Beta Club which had a bee theme. Their members dressed up as bees and had the best decorations. Beta club’s president, Maddie Lewis, stated, “It was beautiful and amazing!”

By far the most popular attraction was ROTC, which had a pull-up bar where little kids would go and show off their muscles. They had so much strength in them that no one knew they had. Everyone was so shocked, they just could not stop looking. 

“This was my second year supervising clubs for Trunk or Treat. We had three cars this year— for Black Student Union, National English Honor Society and Journalism. All of the decorations were super creative this year and the kids who trick or treated seemed to be having a great time!” Mary Ewing announced. 

North Forsyth also had a coat drive for families that needed them in the winter as well as school supplies. The coats were from students and teachers who had coats that they never wore or only wore once. Families that could not afford a lot of coats have it provided for them. 

Trunk or Treat was such a fun event for kids to interact with each other, play games, have candy and get some delicious food. North can not wait for next year’s event and hopes to see familiar faces!

Rohani Nguyen
Rohani Nguyen, Editor-in-Chief
Hello!! My name is Rohani Nguyen and this is my second year in journalism. I am one of the Editor-in-Chief  this year. I love drawing and doing photography. My favorite thing to do outside of school is collecting and reading books. Journalism is my absolute favorite, it is a place where I can be myself and truly love what I am doing there. I enjoy taking photos of different events at sports games as well as special school events! My goals for this year is to help develop and write interesting articles, and to post more fun content! I am excited about this years team and I know that we can do great things!