Top 5 Gifts

wikicommons
Christmas is the best time to get anything off of your wishlist.

December has officially started which means parents are going to be asking for their kids’ Christmas lists. Every year children are racking their heads around what they want to ask for. This year journalism asked North Forsyth students what was the top thing they had asked for. All of the answers were collected and categorized.

1. The most wanted item by a landslide was money. Every teenager cannot say no to any form of money. They asked for gift cards to their favorite places but mainly just outright cash. With cash, teens are able to buy whatever they want and the parents would not have to worry about them not liking the gift. Money is the most versatile gift that anyone would enjoy having, not just teens. 

1. In second place is clothing. Clothes are very popular when it comes to gifts. They tell you what you want and all you have to do is buy it. Many parents have their kids just go with them to pick out the clothing just to make sure they like it and that it fits them correctly. Which is the main problem when gifting clothing, especially to kids. But no matter what, it is still one of the more popular gifts asked for since no one can have too many clothes. Out with the old clothing trends and in with the new. 

1. Third on the list would be technology. Every year new technology is coming out. It is either a new iPhone, laptop, iPad, or maybe even Apple Watches and AirPods. There is always something new that intrigues a kid’s head. When kids start to grow up, especially in high school, they start to learn more about working with technology rather than paper assignments. Students rely on technology because it is useful but also cool. Which always makes the perfect gift if it is on the list. 

1. Next is shoes. While growing kids grow out of their shoes faster than you can blink. So each year there is a pair of shoes on the list. Mainly new and trending shoes. It does not matter if it is sneakers, slippers, or boots, any type of footwear makes a great gift, especially for kids and teenagers. 

1. Last but most definitely not least is anything involving hygiene. Girls ask for perfume and makeup products that will help them smell nice as well as make their skin look amazing. Boys who are just starting to come into high school ask for acne products since they are hitting a part of their lives where they have skin irritation. Hygiene also is important, like getting their hair done to help them feel confident. Anything that will allow them to feel comfortable in their skin and like the way they look. 

There are so many more items that will be on the Christmas list. Since it is the time of giving, let’s give everyone what they want.

Rohani Nguyen
Rohani Nguyen, Editor-in-Chief
Hello!! My name is Rohani Nguyen and this is my second year in journalism. I am one of the Editor-in-Chief  this year. I love drawing and doing photography. My favorite thing to do outside of school is collecting and reading books. Journalism is my absolute favorite, it is a place where I can be myself and truly love what I am doing there. I enjoy taking photos of different events at sports games as well as special school events! My goals for this year is to help develop and write interesting articles, and to post more fun content! I am excited about this years team and I know that we can do great things!