Rom-Com’s Through the Eras

Wikimedia Commons
The best rom-coms.

Throughout cinematic history, people have loved romance in movies. Whether it be the infamous Indiana Jones movies, where he always ends up with the girl after every adventure, or a superhero movie like Spiderman where he always ends up with MJ. Having romance in movies is great but having movies solely dedicated to romance is better and throughout the years many known directors have written these iconic movies. To start off with a well-known movie in 1961 the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” was released, starring popular actress, Audrey Hepburn.

Another well-known movie from the 1980s is “Sixteen Candles”. This movie was made by the well-known John Hughes. This movie aged well and is still known for having its romantic and comedic effect on people. 

The 90s would have the best rom-com movies so because of this the list will be long and full of great recommendations. The first movie played by well-known actor Macaulay Culkin is “My Girl”. This movie portrays childhood friendships, growing pains and grief. It’ll leave you intrigued and full of emotion but it’s worth the watch. 

The next movie is known for being a timeless classic full of laughter, joy, romance and everything in between. Forrest Gump’s romance between him and Jenny is sweet and pure. Their love perfectly portrays unconditional love.

The next era is the 2000s. This era of movies was more lighthearted and funny and a lot of blockbuster movies came from this tie. “P.S.I Love You” starring Hilary Swank will leave you grabbing the tissue box the entire movie and to be honest, would it be a Rom-Com if it didn’t leave you crying tears of joy or sadness? The next movie is The Wedding Planner starring Jennifer Lopez. This movie will leave you laughing while wanting love like the movies between her and Matthew McConaughey. The movie starts off with J.Lo playing a wedding planner who is perfect at her job of making people’s dream weddings come true. But one day she meets Steve and thinks she’s found love but her two worlds begin to collide when Steve is not who she thinks he is.

Kiera Walker
 Hi, my name is Kiera, this year I'm a junior. It's my second year and I am so excited for all the new articles that I am going to write. whenever I get the chance I love reading from romance to thrillers to the bible and writing is something I enjoy in my spare time, I watch Gilmore Girls and Disney movies and shop at Ulta and of course the mall.