The Whimsical World of “Alice In Wonderland”

Christina Manes
The Mad Hatter Scene

Through March 21-23, the Advanced Drama Class of North Forsyth High School returned with their showing of “Alice In Wonderland.” It’s a theater adaptation of the 1951 original Disney Film. The nostalgic tale follows Alice as she runs after the white rabbit who seems to be late for something. She falls into a rabbit hole and goes on a wondrous adventure, trying to escape.

The show’s set was stunning. It featured well-painted scenery and photos, as well as the whimsical aspects the original is known for. The costumes were also impressive and accurate to the film being depicted.

Before the show, the main cast members were asked a few questions. Kate Isaac, who plays the White Rabbit, was asked what she enjoys the most about her character, and she responded, “I like his quick energy and how fun of a character he is.”

On the other hand, Avery Whitling, who plays Alice, was asked what her favorite scene was from the whole show, and she replied, “My favorite scene overall is the Mad Hatter scene… I like the table and all the props that we have laid out, [they] remind me of the movie a lot. We have these little teacups that look like they’re from Dr. Seuss…and I feel like that scene has the best rhythm, and it flows really well.”

“Alice and Wonderland” is set in a bizarre yet fun world filled with exciting characters. Alice, the main character, gets wrapped up in this through a process of unforeseen events and is sent on an adventure, meeting all sorts of creatures. From a white rabbit who’s always on the run, to a king and queen based on hearts, there’s always something new around every corner. The show is witty and enjoyable, making it amusing for all ages.

Christina Manes
Christina Manes, Staff Writer
Hello! My Name is Christina Manes. I am in 11th and I’m currently a staff writer on the Raider Wire and this is my first year in Journalism. Some of the things I enjoy doing are listening to music, my favorite artists being BTS, Blackpink, and Stray Kids. I also enjoy writing stories in my free time. My favorite genre to write is fiction but I write multiple genres, including fantasy. I also enjoy watching movies, one of my favorites being Alvin and the Chipmunks series, as well as Shrek. I can’t wait to start working on the newspaper and literary magazine.