A Radierrific Memory

What+I+was+wearing+for+my+first+day+of+Kindergarten%21+
Maddie Lewis
What I was wearing for my first day of Kindergarten!

The time is here. The day I’ve been waiting for since elementary school is next month. I won’t lie and say I’m not scared because I am, but I think some jitters are ecstatic. I’ll be closing a chapter in my life and starting a new one on the same day. Going off to college and finally starting a piece of a career that will stay with me for a lifetime is enticing yet intimidating.  

The biggest lesson I’ve learned in high school is to never take anything for granted. The years of high school fly by so fast; sometimes, it’s okay to stop and look at life. I remember looking back on freshman year; coming out of quarantine was rough. All my friends ended up at West Forsyth, while I, an introverted freshman, ended up at North. Looking back, it was a blessing in disguise. I met new people who have changed my world completely 180° to say, for lack of better words.  

Also, being able to express myself freely is one of the perks of high school—not like middle school, where I had to formalize into someone I wasn’t. In high school, every person has their own friend group; no one truly cares who you are. In that case, I could join many clubs that piqued my interest, one of which was journalism. 

Taking journalism as a class first caught my attention after Mrs.Younghouse recommended it to me. I was intrigued and thought it would be something new and exciting. The class overall has become beneficial in so many ways. I’ve learned how to become a team player, team leader (in certain situations) and, most importantly, time management. This year, I was grateful enough to be a co-design editor for the Literary Magazine, which was one of my most significant leadership accomplishments.  

So, I thank high school, journalism and the friends I’ve made along the way. You were good to me and taught me many lifelong lessons. This has been one Raiderrific memory!   

Maddie Lewis
Maddie Lewis, News Editor
HIIIIIIIIIIII! My name is Maddie Lewis and this is my second and final year of journalism. I am also in fact the news editor this year, SUPER exciting. I have a dachshund named Molly who happens to be my child. I even have a keychain that reads: “I love Molly”. My kryptonite is Criminal Minds. I’ve watched that show at least 3 times. I also enjoy playing Sims 4 on my playstation when I have time because my obsession comes in waves. I am a true swiftie at heart!! My favorite songs are: “My Tears Ricochet”, “Dorothea”, “I Know Places” and “Dear John”. “Folklore” is a true MASTERPIECE as Taylor poured her heart and soul into the lyrics. Thriller and Horror movies are my forté, believe you me. My favorite movie of all time is Black Swan. My goals for journalism is to have fun for my last year and create a BEAUTIFUL literary magazine.