North Forsyth Swim & Dive: Diving in with Ainslee Silverthorne

Ainslee Silverthorne, center, poses with other team members during the 2017-18 Clubapalooza. The photo comes from the team website, linked in the article below.

Noah Smith, Lit Mag Editor

The North Forsyth Swim and Dive team is underrated sports teams at the school–and wrongfully so! The team is extremely accomplished, with former students Jack DalMolin holding the record for the Male Open 50 Free with 21.89 seconds and Kelsey Robins holding the record of 25.07 seconds for the Female Open 50 Free.

“Many of the swimmers have dedicated their lives to the sport and work tirelessly to perform the best they can,” as explained by senior Ainslee Silverthorne, the team captain for the upcoming 2017-18 season.

Ainslee, a senior, was happy to speak with me about the team for this upcoming season When asked about what her favorite part of being on the team is, she stated, “My favorite part about swim team is definitely just being with everyone and having a blast with them. The meets are a lot of fun too because we get to hang out with everyone and cheer them on!”

Next we spoke about her achievement of becoming team captain, which she said excites her as she looks forward to “being a leader for the team, helping other swimmers, supporting everyone and encouraging the team to be the best they can be.”

Finally, we spoke about what students can do to support the team this year, as in years past the team has flown under the radar for the most part. “I think it would be really awesome to have some kind of student section at the meets. It would really pump up the swimmers during the races!”

The first meet of the season will be Nov. 4 at the Cumming Aquatic Center at 1 pm. This will be the tenth annual kick off invitational.  Come out to support the team! Additionally, make sure to visit the team website to stay updated on all things swim and dive.