North Forsyth Track and Field Placements

The North Forsyth track and field team represented the school very well at the County and Region Championship. Several athletes from the school had first place finishes, and they will find out soon if any of them qualified for the State Finals.

Austin McIntosh, Staff Writer

Congratulations to the North Forsyth High School track and field team for their placements at the Forsyth County Track Championship. The girls finished fifth overall, and the boys finished in second place, with only a small margin behind Lambert. North’s winning participants for the girls include Jessica Johnson in Long Jump and Triple Jump and Katelin Simpson in Pole Vault. Winners for the boy’s team include Marcus Alvarez in 200 and 400 meter dash, Noah Bieber in 300 hurdles, Coleton Holzer in Long Jump, and Joseph Morone in Triple Jump. Then, the Raider boy’s team went on to finish in second place at the Region Championship, only one event behind Centennial High School. The Raiders and the Lady Raiders represented North Forsyth very well at the County Championship and the Region Championship. Good luck to the qualifiers who will move on to the State Finals May 7-16.