Recap of Varsity Basketball Games Versus Lambert

Both varsity basketball teams lost hard fought battles in their first game against Lambert High School in the new season. North will meet Lambert again later in the season.

Austin McIntosh, Staff Writer

The Varsity Girls basketball team suffered a tough defeat against county rival Lambert on Tuesday, December 1. North played a strong first half offensively scoring 23 points, but gave up 29 points on the defensive side. The game was kept in single digits until the final three minutes, in which Lambert pulled away with a 53-40 victory. Sophomore Haley Simpson was the defensive player of the game with double digit rebounds and tough pressure on the ball. Sophomore Amber Jones was the offensive player of the game with 26 points, including eight three-pointers.

The Varsity Boys also lost a hard fought battle with a final score of 58-76. North was down only 56-61 at the beginning of the fourth quarter before surrendering a 15-2 run by Lambert. Senior Jacob Bailey was the defensive player of the game with five blocked shots and solid play in the low post. Junior Connor Stephenson was the offensive player of the game with 15 points on 5-6 from three-point territory.