Appreciating Our Educators

Mrs. Shannon Marks is pictured on the left, and Mr. Mark Fisher is pictured on the right with his, “Life is- probably - Good” shirt for his AP Statistics class.

Lauryn Almand, Staff Writer

At North Forsyth High School, we have some of the greatest, most talented and most outgoing teachers in the county. Those who work here, put in hours upon hours every day to create assignments, lessons and fun activities to improve the knowledge of the students in their classrooms. The week of April 17th- April 21st was ‘Teacher Appreciation Week’ here at NFHS. On Monday, Principal Jeff Cheney went through the school to all of the teachers and offered snacks in celebration of everything that they do for our students.

Mr. Mark Fisher, an Algebra 2 and AP Statistics teacher here at North, has been working at our school for 7 years and previously worked at Otwell Middle. His favorite thing about being a teacher at North Forsyth, is “the interaction with high schoolers. Every once in awhile they can be a pain, but overall they are quite interesting and fun to work with”, Fisher states. Mr. Fisher is a great example of  a teacher with a personality that always makes learning fun. He accurately represents the skill and intelligence that all of the teachers at NFHS possess.

Mrs. Shannon Marks, also a mathematics teacher here at North, has been working at our school for three years and previously educated students at Horizon Christian Academy. Marks states that her favorite thing about being a teacher at North Forsyth is, “the connections I make with students.”  Mrs. Marks possesses one of the greatest personalities at our school and always makes learning interesting and fun for all students. Laken Allen, a Junior, is enrolled in her Instructional Focus class and states that Mrs. Marks is, “a super cool and fun teacher”. “I really enjoy the activities for IF and I look forward to it throughout the week, because of Mrs. Marks”, Allen states.

Mark Fisher and Shannon Marks are just two out of all of the incredible teachers that dedicate their time to bettering the knowledge and lives of the students in their classrooms. To all of the teachers at North Forsyth High School, thank you for all that you do.

• Appreciating Our Educators

Former NFMS Teacher McCall Hoyle Releases Debut Novel

• Appreciating Our Educators

Anna Grace Brown: An Oboe Wizard

• Appreciating Our Educators

Beauty and the Beast: Worth the Hype?

• Features

D.I.Y. Duct Tape Flower Pen

• Appreciating Our Educators

Why is Every Year Not Leap Year?

• Appreciating Our Educators

13 Things to Do This Summer

• Appreciating Our Educators

Dr. James Krumm Opens Senioritis Clinic to Fight Tragic Disease

• Appreciating Our Educators

Band Takes on All State

• Appreciating Our Educators

The Top 10 Most Anticipated YA Books of 2017

• Appreciating Our Educators

Justin Moore and Lee Brice Take On the Fox Theater

Appreciating Our Educators