Raider Representation in the Governor’s Honors Program

The students accepted into the Governor’s Honors Program as finalists will be invited to a summer instructional program at Berry College. They will be supplied with opportunities to grow and learn more in their fields of interest.

Holley Murray, Staff Writer

Out of all Forsyth County School students, 14 students from the Raider Nation have been selected to represent our county and advance to the state level of the Governor’s Honors Program. This is a prestigious summer instructional program for only a select group of especially gifted nominees from all over Georgia. If any of North Forsyth’s representatives are selected as finalists, they can expect to be notified in March of 2018.

There were 10 juniors and nine sophomores selected to move forward in areas of music, science, communicative arts, world languages, visual arts, and agricultural science. These students were (in alphabetical order) Isabelle Angell, Mason Arbeiter, David Cain, John Drake, Michael Gugliotta, Tasfia Hussain, Katelyn Jordan, Madison Martin, Harley McCullar, Quillen McKinney, Aarsh Patel, Caroline Steinman, Maggie Sullivan and Bryce Wethington.

Those who move forward will become semi-finalists and eventually finalists with acceptance to the four-week program at Berry College in Rome, GA. There, they will participate in a wide variety of social and instructional opportunities every evening” and be enriched as future leaders and thinkers. Simply being selected as a county nominee is a huge accomplishment, and these students deserve all the congratulations for their achievements.

• Raider Representation in the Governor’s Honors Program

Local

Submissions for the Threshold Literary Magazine are Due December 14

Local

North’s 2018 December Donations!

Local

NFHS Booming Agricultural Program

News

Dual Enrollment Requirements for 2019-2020

News

Comparing Two American Shootings and the Shooters

Local

Forsyth County School Systems Claim the Title of “Highest SAT Scores” in Georgia

News

Georgia Governor Race and Why Results Are Taking so Long

News

NFHS Latin Club Put the Pedal to the Metal in Mario Kart Tournament

Local

AP US History Students of NFHS are in the Middle of Their Own Civil War

News

Olympic Committee Works Towards Revoking USA Gymnastics’ Status