The 2018 Fair is Here!

The 2018 Cumming Fair is just around the corner. With rides, food and games , it is one of the most awaited attractions in Forsyth County. Spanning 11 days, it gives students many opportunities to take a break from the stresses that come with school.

Kana Mullee, Staff Writer

It is that time of year again! The fair will be open Thursday, Oct. 4 through Sunday, Oct. 14.

The fair’s hours of operation are:

Monday – Thursday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight

Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight

Sunday from 12:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

To enter the fair, people must pay, in cash, $7 for ages 11 and up. For children ages 10 and younger, admission into the fair is free. Once you buy your ticket, you may not leave and re-enter. If you do leave the premises, you must purchase another ticket to enter.

Pets, coolers, and alcohol are not allowed at the fair. If you are interested in parking in the parking lot at the fair, both general and handicap parking is $5. The address for the fair grounds is Cumming Fairgrounds 235 Castleberry Road Cumming, GA 30040.

Some good days to go are: Thursday, Oct. 4 (Is opening day and Northside Hospital Forsyth Day! For all ages, there is free admission and unlimited rides for $20 per person. There is Forsyth Co. Extension Canning, baking, hay, school scarecrow and a giant pumpkin.), Monday, Oct. 8 (Is Student Night! Free admission is given to anyone 18 and under while unlimited rides are offered to all ages for only $15.), Tuesday, Oct. 9 (Is the Confederate Railroad concert at 8 p.m. You can also get $20 admission per person for all ages.), Wednesday, Oct. 9 (Is Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Day! There is free admission and unlimited rides for $20 for all ages.), Thursday, Oct. 11 is the Trace Adkins concert at 8 p.m.), and Friday, Oct. 12 (Is Football Friday Night. Free admission is provided after 9 p.m. if you bring a high school football ticket stub.)

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Submissions for the Threshold Literary Magazine are Due December 14

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

North’s 2018 December Donations!

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

NFHS Booming Agricultural Program

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Forsyth County School Systems Claim the Title of “Highest SAT Scores” in Georgia

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

AP US History Students of NFHS are in the Middle of Their Own Civil War

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Recap of the 2018 Varsity Volleyball Season

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

PSAT: What To Expect From Those Who Have Taken It

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Top Two Corn Mazes in Georgia

• Local

Alliance Academy for Innovation Defeats North Forsyth In First JV Academic Team

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Must Watch New Dramas of Fall 2018

The 2018 Fair is Here!