The 2018 Fair is Here!

The 2018 Cumming Fair is just around the corner. With rides, food and games , it is one of the most awaited attractions in Forsyth County. Spanning 11 days, it gives students many opportunities to take a break from the stresses that come with school.

Kana Mullee, Staff Writer

It is that time of year again! The fair will be open Thursday, Oct. 4 through Sunday, Oct. 14.

The fair’s hours of operation are:

Monday – Thursday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight

Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight

Sunday from 12:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

To enter the fair, people must pay, in cash, $7 for ages 11 and up. For children ages 10 and younger, admission into the fair is free. Once you buy your ticket, you may not leave and re-enter. If you do leave the premises, you must purchase another ticket to enter.

Pets, coolers, and alcohol are not allowed at the fair. If you are interested in parking in the parking lot at the fair, both general and handicap parking is $5. The address for the fair grounds is Cumming Fairgrounds 235 Castleberry Road Cumming, GA 30040.

Some good days to go are: Thursday, Oct. 4 (Is opening day and Northside Hospital Forsyth Day! For all ages, there is free admission and unlimited rides for $20 per person. There is Forsyth Co. Extension Canning, baking, hay, school scarecrow and a giant pumpkin.), Monday, Oct. 8 (Is Student Night! Free admission is given to anyone 18 and under while unlimited rides are offered to all ages for only $15.), Tuesday, Oct. 9 (Is the Confederate Railroad concert at 8 p.m. You can also get $20 admission per person for all ages.), Wednesday, Oct. 9 (Is Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Day! There is free admission and unlimited rides for $20 for all ages.), Thursday, Oct. 11 is the Trace Adkins concert at 8 p.m.), and Friday, Oct. 12 (Is Football Friday Night. Free admission is provided after 9 p.m. if you bring a high school football ticket stub.)

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Strong and Determined NFHS JROTC team takes on the Raider Meet competition in the last heat of September

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

“Annie” the Musical Comes to the Cumming Playhouse this Fall.

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Florence: 2018 Hurricane Season’s Most Daunting Storm

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

What You Missed: Summer ‘18 Recap

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Horse Lovers Rejoice: Equestrian Team Is Back At NFHS

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

November Students and Teacher of the Month

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Puppy Mills a Continuing Atrocity in Georgia

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Forsyth Grows; Schools Continue to Overcrowd

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

School Shooting Training Drill Carried out at West Forsyth

• The 2018 Fair is Here!

Local

Lanierland Park: A New Era for North Forsyth

The 2018 Fair is Here!