Students of the Month for March 2019

Pictured: Jessica Santana - CTAE Student of the Month. Santana’s agriculture teacher chose her because of her willingness to help around the classroom such as feeding the bunnies before school and always having a smile on her face.

Pictured: Jessica Santana – CTAE Student of the Month. Santana’s agriculture teacher chose her because of her willingness to help around the classroom such as feeding the bunnies before school and always having a smile on her face.

Grace Wood, Sports Editor

During the last IF of the month, the school holds a ceremony for students and one lucky teacher for them to receive awards and food afterwards. Parents and the teachers are invited to watch these outstanding Raiders receive their awards for all the different subjects.

The students recognized this month are: Jessica Santana for CTAE, Ansley Martin for English, Mary Katherine Hobbs for Science, Aleks Werl for Social Studies, Dylan Head for Fine Arts, Ali Jones for Math, Harley Helms for PE and Cassidee Jackson for World Language.

Before the students walk up to receive their rewards, the teacher who nominated them gives a little anecdote of each student and why they deserve this reward. Harley Helms, for example, was recognized for her exhausted efforts in P.E. and even helping with the lesson plans and workouts.

Ms. Surin, the Russian and French teacher, was voted as teacher of the month by student Daniel Coker. He praised his teacher for being able to teach a language as difficult as Russian in a way students can understand it; he added that Ms. Surin helped him learn Russian when he could not learn Spanish.

With over 2,000 students at our school, it is hard to recognize all of the students who show real hard work and dedication; these monthly Raider Celebrations allow teachers to recognize the students and show that people notice when they put in the extra mile.